Blog talk:Announcement (2023; Week 27)
From Polcompball Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
talk here y'all
Comment under here
- By Fandom-like skin, you mean Cosmos? I've been using Timeless for years now.
- Today is a great day for this community. I'll be here to help you in whatever you want (summer vacations), and long live the council! --M4RKAru (talk) 14:49, 6 July 2023 (UTC)
Like usual, Aycee was right (again).
- User:Alop6748: Is there really a section where everyone can comment?
well, when I fulfill my function in this wiki, I will reveal little secrets...
- User:AnAnonBoi123: While I may still have some minor concerns in how these new changes will be implemented and the potential implications on how this will affect the community down the line, especially the mentioning of a "user-purge", alongside the resignation of Inky; a person who has been with the wiki for arguably as long as it has been around. I cannot express how much my overwhelming feelings of gratitude and desire to congratulate your eventual triumph to save the wiki outweigh any feelings of doubt. And I am immeasurably glad to see the future of our community is in good hands, while the wiki is still far from perfect in my eyes, and many problems still indeed exist, we must always remember that it is always darkest before dawn, and with your guidance, and determination, you and the rest of the moderation have helped to lead us towards that eventual dawn.
- Am m - So if you are abandoning Miraheze wiki can I have admin control of it? Starting in 2 days because then I will be back from my vacation. And this is not meant to be rival wiki but distinct wiki with different rules and moderators. I will resign adminship almost immediately from the wiki because I do not have the time, but first I will appoint new mods.
- No because this Miraheze wiki will be deleted. -Aycee Lovelace <3 (talk) 17:35, 10 July 2023 (UTC)
- This might not be my place to talk, but since Aycee is currently busy moving the wiki, I feel like I can help provide a satisfying enough answer until they are no longer occupied. The only person who can speak for the moderators in this situation are themselves, and at the end of the day, it is their call, however, if I am to make an educated guess, knowing a fair bit about their current concerns, I am of the belief that they would not want the old wiki around to be used by other users with their own rules that contrast their own, which could be seen as a potential splinter site that could risk splitting up and dividing the community (more than it already has been). Also, from what I remember, there are very few people the moderation has considered "acceptable" for moderation and admin roles, so I doubt they would just give it to whoever asked, no matter their merits. All I would say if I were to boil it down for you is to not get your hopes on that happening. Not trying to shoot down your genuine question, it's just that I want to give my two cents in the matter based on my understanding of the situation. Hope that helps settle your curiosities for now anyway.
- Gabovaura - Why real ideologies with millions of real life followers like Stalinism moved to anarchy wiki, while very obscure internet ideologies like LesbiaNRx stays in this wiki?
- Marxism-Leninism as a term came from Stalin and in its early days was synonyms with it. We integrated it into it as well sort of "classical marxism-leninism" if you will. LesbiaNRx is recognized within academic literature and research along with the creator of it publishing in the journal of the faculty of philosophy of the university of Prague, along with that it is incredibly unique as a ideology and is a fun character for comics (which is one of the main factors we decide ideologies on). LesbiaNRx is also around because we wanted to clear up the horrible confusion that existed with gender accelertionism and nyxian and vikkian so we resorted to including the entirety of N1x's ideology of which gender accelertionism is only a small part. -Aycee Lovelace <3 (talk) 17:35, 10 July 2023 (UTC)
- Funny dystopian obscure ideologies were on this wiki from the very beginning. But for real, we should have more historically important variants, from antiquity to modern day.