The Art Guidelines is a set of guidelines for drawing polcompballs and icons, and are the official means of drawing them.
- Draw a ball; don't use the circle tool, the ball looks bland when used. Draw a triangle, cube or clover if it is represented as such.
- Draw on what's represented on the ball. If it predominantly uses black, don't use pure black (#000000); instead, use a slightly lighter shade like #141414, or #191919.
- Draw two eyes on the balls. The eyes should be purely white unless the ideology explicitly has pupils like Ingsoc. Use a singular eye, differently colored eyes, etc. only if it is meant to be represented as such.
Do NOT use them on polcompballs unless it is represented on the ball.
- Do NOT use pupils on balls. The only exception is Ingsoc.
- Do NOT use hair on balls, especially facial hair. The only exceptions are Apoliticism and Gerontocracy.
- When drawing the ball, you can use anti-aliasing, but as long as it DOESN'T show white anti-aliasing artifacts.
- When drawing the eyes, do NOT use eyelashes or eyebrows on the ball.
- Do NOT add limbs to the ball. The only exception is Senatorialism.
- When drawing what's represented on the ball, do NOT use black (or any other color for the matter) lines in-between colors.
- Do NOT use mouths on the ball. Only exception being Dead Centrism consuming.
Optional features that can be used on polcompballs, but are not required.
- Draw shading features on the ball. You can also use shadows.
- You can add accessories to the balls, like headwear and facial gear.
- Get one of these templates listed in the List of ideology icons, so you wont draw it by hand.
- Draw on what's represented on the icon pixel by pixel. Don't get an existing flag and scale it down, or it will look pixelated or blurry.
- If the ball has accessories, add them to the ball.
PS: ANY icons using Polandball bases will be deleted at first sighting.