"If you're in an argument with someone older than you, you should listen to 'em ... even if they're wrong, their wrongness is rooted in more information than you have."
Gerontocracy is a form of oligarchical rule in which an entity is ruled by leaders who are significantly older than most of the adult population. The ancient Greeks were among the first to believe in this idea of gerontocracies; as famously stated by Plato "it is for the elder man to rule and for the younger to submit". However, these beliefs are not unique to ancient Greece, as many cultures still subscribe to this way of thinking. This belief has been very common in tribal communities as the lack of writing meant that people relied on older people to seek knowledge much more frequently.
Often these political structures are such that political power within the ruling class accumulates with age, making the oldest people hold more power than others. Those holding the most power may not be in formal leadership positions, but often dominate those who are. In a simplified definition, a gerontocracy is a society where leadership is reserved for elders.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Color it gray
- Give it a cane
- Add eyes
- Give it hair with a darker shade of gray
|Gray||#C3C3C3||195, 195, 195|
|Darker Gray||#7F7F7F||127, 127, 127|
- Boiled sweets - As an old person, I cannot resist boiled sweets.
- Classical Conservatism - Things aren't like they used to be.
- Old Liberalism and Conservative Liberalism - Back in my day, we had all the freedom we needed.
- Apoliticism - Fellow wife hater.
- Traditionalism - Now back in my day...
- Paleoconservatism - Hah! You get me!
- Bidenism - Ridin' with Biden!
- Eisenhowerism - I still like Ike!
- Brezhnev Doctrine and Post-Soviet Left - Откопаем Брежнева, будем пить по прежнему...
- Tribalism - Respects me.
- Paternalistic Conservatism - Back in my day, a man cared about his fellow man.
- Right-Wing Populism - He promised the return of the good ol' days.
- Anarcho-Primitivism - Also likes the good old days but goes a little too far. Also, I wouldn't have been able to live longer than 50 without modern healthcare.
- Alt-Lite - I'm all for kids embracing traditions, but not this crap.
- Necrocracy - Like me but even older, and you make me feel uncomfortable.
- Neoliberalism - It was better when Ronnie and Maggie were in charge, but Macron decided to lower my pensions all of a sudden.
- Progressivism - Darn hippies...
(Bernie and Pelosi are really great though)
- Nazism - We fought to liberate Europe from your newfangled evil idea.
Wasn't I younger than you at the time though?
- Alt-Right - The only "redpill" I need to take is some Tylenol after listening to these kids' internet gobbledygook.
- Transhumanism - Darn kids and their stupid gadgets!
But you can help me live longer and reduce the negative effects of old age.
- State Liberalism - What the hell? I'm not getting euthanized! Get outta here before I give you a good cane beating, ya whippersnapper!
- The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time - Stages 1-6 (Complete)
- The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World
- The Caretaker - Everywhere, an empty bliss (FULL ALBUM)
- The Caretaker - Persistent repetition of phrases
Credit: u/KhanOceanMan, Source