Techno-Anarchism is a ideology which arose out of the GNU and FOSS movements. It seeks to create a digital space completely free of authority along with encouraging the use of cryptography to ensure the private persons ability to stay secure and have full domain over their part of Cyberspace.
Techno-Anarchism seeks to create a system of peer to peer networks which enable the users of such systems to fully exercise their autonomy within Cyberspace. To ensure that these peer to peer networks work on a transparent basis it supports GNU as the ideal license.
The GNU License
The GNU General Public License (GPL) works on the basis of the belief that software licenses should protect your rights to use, modify and share software, not prevent you from doing these.
GNU General Public Licenses have gone through multiple different revisions and modified versions exist with less freedoms or more freedoms depending on the usecase at hand. Examples of such modified licenses include:
- Lesser GPL/LGPL: a license that allows developers to incorporate non-free software into an otherwise free software, this is used by the multimedia library FFMPEG to enable the control of proprietary codecs the team does not have the right to.
- Affero GPL/AGPL: a license that builds upon GPL, adding a so called “virality clause” that states that any software that relies on AGPL software must also be published under AGPL and as such have their source code made readily available, this is primarily intended to prevent malicious actors from using obscured and modified free software to serve users malicious software.
The standard version of GPLv3 contains 17 sections that explicitly lay out in legal terms a user’s right to get access to the source code, modify it and use it for whatever intent they desire, republish modified versions, sharing non-source forms and frees the original author of any legal liability for whatever the user chooses to do with the software, among others.
Crypto-Anarchism wants to create an anarchist system through computer technology. They employ cryptographic software for confidentiality and security while sending and receiving information over computer networks, in an effort to protect privacy, political freedom, and economic freedom. By using cryptographic software, the association between the identity of a certain user or organization and the pseudonym they use is made difficult to find, unless the user reveals the association. Their motives are to defend against surveillance of computer network communication and censorship. They also want to build and participate in counter-economics, especially involving cryptocurrency, smart contract, NFTs and decentralized finance (DeFi) technology in geral.
Personality and Behavior
Techno-Anarchism stays on its computer a lot making sure that everyone knows that they are using Arch Linux, btw did you know Techno-Anarchism is using Arch Linux.
How to Draw
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Agorism - Agree already that I'm just a modern version of you.
- Piratism - I fully support rejection of intellectual property. But on the other hand it would be better if people used free software instead of proprietary.
- Anti-Authoritarianism - You do riots, I do tools. We will work great together.
- Soulism - Way too radical, but still based.
- Anarcho-Nihilism - Why do you say that we will not destroy the state by internet action?
- E-Democracy - Right idea, but kinda implies some get more power than others, so I'm not quite sure about you.
- Avaritionism - I mean, you are giving me money for making anarchy... But I checked your SSD and I don't like, what I find.
- Police Statism - Breaks hard drive I'm sorry, what?
- Corporatocracy - No, I didn't steal anything, it's called reverse engineering wink
- Dengism - Biggest threat to our world. It's good they don't like to share how their great firewall works.
- Juche - It's even worse. They basically created a country-sized local network.
- Anarcho-Primitivism - NO, WE NEED TECHNOLOGY TO ACHIEVE ANARCHISM, YOU STUPID MONKEY!!
Flag of Crypto-Anarchism