"Those that Buy and Sell Land, and are landlords, have got it either by Oppression, or Murther, or Theft; and all landlords lives in the breach of the Seventh and Eighth Commandements, Thous shalt not steal, nor kill."
Diggerism is a proto-socialist and anarchist ideology of The "True Levellers" or "Diggers", he is similar to Anarcho-Communism, but much more agrarian, as it existed in a pre-capitalist, pre-industrial society. He advocates a society made up of agrarian, egalitarian communes based upon the idea of "common land". He is a deeply religious Protestant. The rights of the peasantry are deeply important to him.
Diggers are a group of agrarian communists who flourished in England in 1649–50 and were led by Gerrard Winstanley and William Everard. In April 1649 about 20 poor men assembled at St. George’s Hill, Surrey, and began to cultivate the common land. These Diggers held that the English Civil Wars had been fought against the king and the great landowners; now that Charles I had been executed, land should be made available for the very poor to cultivate. (Food prices had reached record heights in the late 1640s.) The numbers of the Diggers more than doubled during 1649. Their activities alarmed the Commonwealth government and roused the hostility of local landowners, who were rival claimants to the common lands. The Diggers were harassed by legal actions and mob violence, and by the end of March 1650 their colony was dispersed. The Diggers themselves abjured the use of force. The Diggers also called themselves True Levelers, but their communism was denounced by the leaders of the Levelers.
How do Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it black or dark grey.
- Draw a brown line diagonally.
- Fill the left quadrant with brown.
- Add the eyes and you're done!
- (optional) Draw a top hat.
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|Brown||#6D480B||109, 72, 11|
|Black||#191919||25, 25, 25|
|Gray||#505050||80, 80, 80|
- Anarcho-Communism - Horizontal communes are based.
- Geoanarchism - He isn't egalitarian enough, but that doesn't stop us from getting along.
- Utopian Socialism - I am a form of her.
- Christian Socialism - Fellow socialist and Christian.
- Christian Anarchism - What can I say but based?
- Levellism - Based but not radical enough!
- Rantism - Winstanley said that you have a "general lack of moral values or restraint in worldly pleasures", but other Diggers were sympathetic towards you.
- Monarchism - Seeing Cavaliers are bold to kill you if they could and rights from you withhold.
- Feudalism - The gentry must come down and the poor shall wear the crown.
- Kritarchy - The lawyers, they conjoin, to arrest us they advise.
- Catholic Theocracy & Anglican Theocracy - The clergy, they come in and say it is a sin.
- The True Levellers Standard Advanced: Or, The State of Community Opened, and Presented to the Sons of Men.