- This page is about the ideology referred to achieving Communism as an end goal. For other uses, see Communism.
"All belongs to all. All things are for all men … All is for all!"
Anarcho-Communism (AnCom) is an anarchist socialist and usually culturally progressive ideology inhabiting the bottom left corner of the political compass. It believes in the abolition of the state and all structures of capital, leading to a stateless, classless, and post-monetary society based on Direct Democracy. Some forms of Anarcho-Communism are heavily influenced by Anarcho-Egoism and radical individualism, believing Anarcho-Communism to be the best social system for the realization of individual freedom (although this is HIGHLY contended within various anarchist groups, especially on the debate of morality, ethics, individual freedoms, identity politics, localism vs internationalism, freedom of speech, and organization). Many AnComs view Anarcho-Communism as a way of reconciling the gap between the individual and society. Although even this is highly contested.
Although proto-anarchism has been seen in various societies in various forms throughout history, the main understanding of Anarcho-Communism as it is often known today first arose and developed out of radical socialist currents after the French Revolution. The works of Russian political theorist and activist Peter Kropotkin and took importance later as Anarcho-Communist theory expanded on and developed pro-organizational and insurrectionary anti-organizational sections, such as those by Anarcho-Collectivist Mikhail Bakunin. Anarcho-Communism has actually had places in history, the best-known examples of which are the anarchist territories during the Spanish Revolution and the Free Territory during the Russian Revolution, where anarchists such as Nestor Makhno worked to create and defend anarcho-communism through the Revolutionary Insurrectionary Army of Ukraine from 1919 before being conquered by the Bolsheviks in 1921.
Spanish Civil War
Through the efforts and influence of the Spanish anarchists during the Spanish Revolution within the Spanish Civil War starting in 1936, Anarcho-Communism existed in most of Aragon, parts of the Levante and Andalusia as well as in the stronghold of Anarchists Catalonia before being crushed by the combined forces of the Francoist Nationalists (the regime that won the war), Nationalist allies such as Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini and even Spanish Communist Party repression (backed by the Soviet Union) as well as economic and armaments blockades from the capitalist states and the Spanish Republic itself governed by the Republicans. However, some anarchists, such as the Friends of Durriti group, opposed the CNT-FAI for collaborating with the liberal government in the war.
The Anarcho-Communist movement expanded much more heavily in the post-war era, with Anarchist movements popping up all over continental Europe, developing from anti-fascist resistance. The main movements were established both in Italy and France, where a sizeable following after the turmoil of the Second World War. In the post Fascist Italy, the Italian Anarchist Movement was formed right after the end of the war in 1945. It was based on "a Libertarian Party with anarchist theory and practice adapted to the new economic, political and social reality of post-war Italy, with an internationalist outlook and effective presence in the workplaces." On top of this, The International of Anarchist Federations (IAF/IFA) was founded during an international anarchist conference in Carrara in 1968 by the three existing European anarchist federations of France (Fédération Anarchiste), Italy (Federazione Anarchica Italiana) and Spain (Federación Anarquista Ibérica) as well as the Bulgarian federation in French exile.
In contemporary times, Libertarian Communism was a Socialist journal founded in 1974 and produced in part by members of the Socialist Party of Great Britain. The synthesist Italian Anarchist Federation and the Platformist Federation of Anarchist Communists continue existing today in Italy but Insurrectionary Anarchism continues to be relevant as the recent establishment of the Informal Anarchist Federation shows.
Foundations and Beliefs
Anarcho-Communism is a exceptionally far left ideology. Like most forms of Anarchy, Anarcho-Communism seeks to abolish all unnecessary hierarchy, including "the state." Generally among Anarchist circles, what constitutes as an unnecessary hierarchy is any social hierarchy which cannot be logically justified. The abolition of these hierarchies is considered to be the true definition of " Anarchy", although this differs amongst
Communist anarchists argue that the liberation of the working class and the establishment of communism must occur simultaneously, without one phase serving as a prerequisite for the other. These anarchists believe that the state and all forms of hierarchy should be abolished from the outset, as any form of authority can potentially lead to the re-emergence of oppressive structures. Communist anarchists describe a society where the means of production and resources are owned collectively and managed by local communities or worker councils. Production and distribution are organized according to the principles of "from each according to their ability, to each according to their needs." Without private property or profit motives, goods and services are distributed based on genuine needs rather than market forces.
Personality and Behaviour
AnCom is a very emotional individual. He has an extremely vengeful passion for revolution and has a high amount of empathy with oppressed groups. However, this can also make him difficult to disagree with. He is very concerned with the abolition of the state as well as private property and goes ballistic whenever any other ideology questions his resolve. Although being ideologically similar in economic terms to Socialism and Marxism, he doesn't hesitate to vehemently criticize them for being statist.
AnCom is typically written as a rebellious teen who likes to take recreational drugs, especially marijuana. He especially likes vandalism and destruction of private property.
AnCom, despite constantly critiquing Marxism & especially its descendants, will defend them when Capitalism does the same.
AnCom is often very aggressive and passionate in conversation, and has a habit of making loud screeching noises after hearing Liberal, Capitalistic, Reactionary or Authoritarian comments. Conservatism calls this "being triggered" because of his stereotypical "SJW" behavior, AnCom is frequently depicted as having an irrational hatred of straight white men. Later portrayals of AnCom have him shouting walls of text, especially when he is attempting to tell a joke which instead comes off as him whining and justifying his beliefs. Said walls of texts are usually random passages or incomprehensible gibberish found on the web or The Conquest Of Bread to save time on comics. His favorite weapon is the Molotov cocktail and he has a tendency to use it a lot.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball with a black outline.
- Draw a line in a lighter shade of black diagonally through the ball.
- Fill the space below with the same color and the space above with Red.
- Add the eyes.
- (Optional) Add cat ears and a bandana with the anarchy symbol
|Red||#FF0000||255, 0, 0|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Anarchism - Анархия-мама сынов своих любит, Анархия-мама не продаст, Свинцовым огнём врага приголубит, Анархия-мама за нас!
- Neozapatismo - Hell yeah! Praxis!
- Platformism - Even more Praxis!
- Libertarian Socialism - Fellow communist and a true comrade, though he’s critical of me sometimes, we're both on the same side in the fight against statism and capitalism.
- Democratic Confederalism - Rojava might not technically be anarchist in the strict sense, but their revolution has shown the world that libertarian socialism can not only survive, but thrive in the fight against literal islamo-fascism.
- Babouvism - Based granddad.
- Eco-Anarchism - Friend who hates capitalism and authority.
- Libertarian Municipalism - The ecological crisis is a social crisis. Shame you later abandoned anarchism because of infighting with Him over so-called "lifestylism".
- Queer Anarchism - Gender roles are oppressive social constructs!
- Anarcha-Feminism - Let's be honest, the Venn Diagram between us two is a circle at this point.
- Anarcho-Syndicalism - I don't think industrial unions are the end all be all of the workers since we have to take agrarian and professional workers into account but you're cool anyway. Also many of you support me as an end goal.
- Gift Economy - Best economic system.
- Soulism - A bit too much weed there, bro, like, I'm not buying you more.
- Indigenous Anarchism - Many of my Western followers are (unfortunately) mixed on you. But outside of the West, we fully support your fight for Indigenous Liberation!
- Post-Colonial Anarchism - Abolish the colonial state!
- Independence Anarchism - Contrary to many, and this asshole in particular, I am not inherently opposed to certain forms of nationalism, as long as it truly fights for the rights of self-determination for the oppressed and colonized against imperial statehood and settler-colonialism, while opposing any the "nation-state" and supremacism.
- Anarcho-Collectivism -
Basically proto-me. It was a mistake for Marx to kick you out. But your aren't really collectivist and too centralized!
- Insurrectionary Anarchism - Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. (But why do you like him so much and increasingly seem to prefer him over me?)
- Insurrectionary Anarchism - Sorry, but your modern variants became soft, and now we will finish off what you're predecessors started... its insurrection time!
- Black Anarchism - Let's bash white supremacists' heads in!
- Ego-Communism - Emma Goldman is based though you are a little too wacky.
- Italian Left Communism - You're much preferable to a tankie, I guess. But please, for Kropotkin's sake, get off that armchair.
- Luxemburgism - Why the hell did you call me a counterrevolutionary?! I was really fond of you and I thought atleast you were some Libertarian.
- Council Communism - I like that you give workers direct control and that you dislike electoralism, but chill on the hierarchy.
- Progressivism - I just wish most of your followers would realize it's ok to own a gun.
- Marxism - We need to jump straight to a stateless classless society with no transitional state. Also, you expelled Bakunin from the First Internationale.
- Mutualism - "It is not the product of his or her labor that the worker has a right to, but to the satisfaction of his or her needs, whatever may be their nature."
- Anti-Fascism - I like you and all at least in principle, but some of your followers are too tankie, libby, or dogmatic, and many of my fellow anarchists are mixed on you as an actually effective force to spread anarchist ideas and praxis. Still not a full-on terrorist group though. Just please try to attack actual fascists and not innocent people.
- Anarcho-Egoism - Max Stirner was cool. Still, stop being such a dipshit!
- Ochlocracy - Historically you are a wildcard. You have both been my greatest ally and my greatest enemy. Just why do so many self-proclaimed anarchists like him and activists on Twitter like you so much?
- Post-Leftism - Why do you hate me so much? Aside from the obvious economic discourse, it's not my fault many of my Twitter followers are obsessed with idpol.
- Agrarian Socialism - It's good seeing the peasantry have direct power, but why can't you work better in a factory? Don't you realize Industrialism is the key to communism?
- Georgism - Capitalist, but also a landlord-hating cat. Meow!
- Revolutionary Progressivism - I learned a lot from you, but please don't give #woke capitalists a free pass! Goldman, Magón, Marcos, and Durruti are based though..
- Anarcho-Pacifism - Pacifism won´t work. The Revolution of the proletariat is necessary to fight statism, let alone class strugle.
- World Federalism - Your whole global utopia of cooperation and alleged anti-colonialism stance is pretty based, but you aren't radical enough, and I don't like how many of your followers are a bunch of filthy neolibs. Also, cool it on the one-world government/state thing.
- Left-Rothbardianism - Better than ancap, I guess... but markets and private property are cringe.
- Religious Anarchism - No gods, no masters.
- State Atheism - No gods, no masters.
- Democratic Socialism - You're pretty tolerable for a statist I guess... though tell some of your self-described American supporters to cut it out with that "nORwAy is A sOciaLISt utOPIa!!!" bullshit and move further away from succdem, reformism, and liberal statism.
- Mao-Spontex - Pretty based however you seem to like Mao too much though.
- Libertarian Market Socialism - Don't you see how inefficient and exploitative the free market is? At least you're better than him.
- Anationalism - A anarchist who speaks Esperanto, and who wants a neutral second language to further cooperation and solidarity between nations, and that I am OK with. But your language is still pretty euro-centric, and please stop advocating for a one-world government, it's kinda anti-anarchist.
- Anarcho-Totalitarian Communism - How are you a tankie and an anarchist at the same time?!?!
To the hospital!
- Fascism - FUCKING FASH! I'M GONNA BASH YOUR FUCKING SKULLS IN!!! PREPARE FOR MY BAT!!
- Stalinism - RED FASH!!
- Juche - ANOTHER RED FASH!!
- Strasserism - YET ANOTHER RED FASH!! Who else should I add to this list?
- National Bolshevism - LITERAL RED FASH!!!
- National Syndicalism - ANOTHER LITERAL RED FASH!!!
- Fourth Theory - Go to hell you fascist invader! I'm gonna blow up your fucking railroads in Belarus so you can't invade Ukraine!
- Tankie - State capitalist and red fascist! Also, fuck off! I ain't going to be your pawn for your authoritarian goals, I don't give a fuck if you say you will "dissolve". You are one of the reasons people across the world hate communists like us.
- Leninism - Fuck your Vanguard, and I don't care if we fought the White Army together.
- Trotskyism - You destroyed Makhnovia and crushed the Kronstadt rebellion! Fuck you, tankie!
- Maoism - Way too totalitarian and imperialist, and the way you led your country let this red fash take over.
- Dengism - You're not a communist, you're just a state-capitalist Nazbol that likes to genocide Uyghurs, Mongolians, and Tibetans!
- Christian Theocracy - I had no regrets about demolishing your churches in Catalonia.
- Nerdy Cappie - Oxymoron; you need a state to enforce capitalism. This ideology is just Neo-Feudalism but enforced by the majority.
- Capitalism - EXPLOITATIVE PIGS! YOU GET THE WALL FIRST!
- Hoppeanism - Racist Ancap!
- Anarcho-Fascism - Not an anarchist!
- Lys Noir - Really not an anarchist!!
- Odalism - Really, really not an anarchist!!!
- Objectivism - An ideology built on unironic hatred of the poor.
- Social Darwinism - You misinterpreted Darwin with your puesdo-liberal genocidal crap! Now go and read "Mutual aid; a factor of evolution".
- Reactionary Socialism - You're not a real socialist, you're just a reactionary, more like Neo-Feudalism. Wait, you actually admit it? At least you're honest unlike my c*ppie brother...
- Neolibtard - mOrE fEmAlE drOnE pIlOts. I'm A wAr crImInAl bUt it's Ok bEcAUsE thE sOldIERs ArE gAy!1!!1!
- Neocuckservative - Another war criminal but at least he's honest about it.
- State Liberalism - Fascism with pink paint. Do you really think we'll side with you?
- National Capitalism - Racism + Statism + Capitalism + Reactionaryism. Literally my opposite.
- Authoritarianism - You claim to protect the common man, yet you are bribed by the bourgeoisie to oppress the poor working class! EAT A MOLOTOV!
- Plutocracy - SMASH THE BOURGEOISIE!
- Succdem - How many times do I have to tell you? Electoralism is bullshit! You're just like any other authoritarian statist with red paint.
- Welfare Chauvinism, Social Authoritarianism and Paternalistic Conservatism - Because normal Succdem wasn't bad enough...
- National Anarchism - You're doing a terrible job at hiding your fascistic beliefs.
- Authoritarian Capitalism - Also my opposite.
- Corporatocracy - One of the worst things ever.
- Nazism -I will break your skull. .
- Alt-Right - Aren’t you just Nazi again? And no, I don't call everyone I disagree with a Nazi, you Nazi!
- Showa Statism - I'll never forgive you for invading Manchuria!
- Absolute Monarchism - NO GODS! NO KINGS! NO MASTERS!
- Police Statism - ACAB! 1312!
- White Nationalism - NEO-NAZI CHUD!! PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR SKULLS BASHED IN!!!
- Eco-Fascism - An eco-friendly fascist is still a fascist.
- Esoteric Fascism - Take your pills, schizofash!
- Francoism - YOU KILLED OUR ANSYND COMRADES IN THE SPANISH CIVIL WAR, FASCIST DICATOR!! Oh, and tankie didn´t do anything to help.
- Trumpism - White supremacist and police bootlicker! Quit simping to the oligarchs and fake populists.
Still kind of jealous his supporters managed to storm the Capitol and tried to overthrow the government.
- Timocracy - Fuck all landlords! Mao might be a tankie but he showed you what you deserve!
- Reactionary Liberalism - I like nothing more than throwing molotovs at you.
- Reactionary Libertarianism - Ancap is that you?
- British Fascism - I had fun beating you up back then, fascist pig!
- Thatcherism - F*ck you, statist neoliberal witch!
- Ilminism - American puppet authoritarian! Give me your freedom!
- The Conquest of Bread
- Direct Struggle Against Capital: A Peter Kropotkin Anthology
- Modern Science and Anarchism
- Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution
- The State: Its Historic Role
- Anarchism and Other Essays
- My Disillusionment in Russia
- My Further Disillusionment in Russia
- The Individual, Society, and the State
- Red Emma Speaks
- Living My Life
- Anarchy by Errico Malatesta
- Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell
- The End of Anarchism? by Luigi Galleani
- The Method of Freedom
- Michael Bakunin - Selected Writings
- Post-Scarcity Anarchism by Murray Bookchin
- The Anarchist Library
- The Democracy Project: A History, a Crisis, a Movement
- Debt: The first 5,000 years by David Graeber
- The Soul of Man Under Socialism by Oscar Wilde
- Free association (Marxism and Anarchism)
- Peter Kropotkin
- Nestor Makhno
- Gift economy
- Errica Malatesta
- Pigasus the Immortal
- Julien Coupat
- How Anarchism Works (playlist) by NonCompete
- Intro to Anarchy: Power and Violence | Philosophy Tube by Philosophy Tube
- Anarchism in 4 Parts (playlist) by Libertarian Communist Platform
- POST-CAPITALISM: A Detailed Look at How It Could Work by LuckyBlackCat
Comics and Artwork
"If leftist ideologies were RPG characters" by Roxxagon, Source
Credit: u/Moonatik Source
Credit: u/Based_and_Jedpilled, Source
Credit: u/oRange_PCB, Source