Not to be confused with Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism.
"The United States should provide an annual income of $12,000 for each American aged 18–64, with the amount indexed to increase with inflation. It would require a constitutional supermajority to modify or amend. ... The poverty line is currently $11,770. We would essentially be bringing all Americans to the poverty line and alleviate gross poverty."
Social Libertarianism, clipped to SocBert, is a civically libertarian, economically variable (ranges from Center-Left to Center-Right) ideology that leans culturally left. He advocates for a robust decentralized government and social welfare. SocBert believes that both negative liberty (i.e. freedom to do stuff) and positive liberty (i.e. freedom from forces such as poverty, bad health, and pollution) are equally important and therefore libertarian ideology should be reformed to view liberty & justice as being free from all forms of domination instead of only freedom from the state. Socbert tends to agree with libertarianism on most issues, but disagrees on economics and welfare, believing that a welfare state (ideally through universal basic income or a negative income tax) and some forms of regulation are needed to guarantee positive liberties. Social Libertarians either support regular social democratic economic polices ( Libertarian Social Democracy) or social capitalism ( Yangism), depending on which variant.
Social libertarianism is a political philosophy that endorses individual liberties, limited government, and a social market economy through culturally progressive reforms and decentralization. It is considered center-left and centrist within the context of the political spectrum.
They support the expansion of civil liberties and equal opportunities through the common good, which corresponds with their individualistic philosophy. Social libertarianism advocates for a robust decentralized limited government and social welfare. Their support for a welfare state commonly takes the form of UBI.
Yangism is a economically center to center-right, culturally left-wing and civically libertarian-leaning ideology, based off the views of former Democratic Party candidate and Forward Party founder Andrew Yang.
- Human-Centred Capitalism is a reformed version of Capitalism which is geared towards maximising human well-being and fulfillment, instead of corporate profits. It also would replace several traditional economic metrics with an "American Scorecard".
- Yang is well-known for his advocacy for Universal Basic Income (UBI). His most famous policy is Freedom Dividend, a $1,000-per-month UBI that is given to all US citizens aged 18 or older regardless of employment status, to help fight off job displacement from automation.
Libertarian Social Democracy is a economically center-left and civically libertarian ideology. It is considered a more moderate form of left-libertarianism. It supports basic social democratic principals and policies but with an added focus on civil liberties and is opposed to rampant statism outside of the economy. They also tend to support Direct Democracy and Non-Interventionist foreign policy. Notable examples of Libertarian Socdems include late former Alaska senator Mike Gravel, left-wing political commentator and youtuber Kyle Kulinski, Democratic presidential candidate, author and activist Marianne Williamson, and progressive journalist Amy Goodman.
Despite sounding like an oxymoron, Libertarian Paternalism states that it is perfectly non-contradictory to have a small state the acts Paternalistic. This would be done through "Nudges", towards the populous in the favor of the state, while still respecting the citizen's right to not listen. An example would be things like cigarettes in most western countries. The citizen is completely free to buy and smoke them, but they are highly discouraged through things like high prices and and warnings on packaging. This model of government action is supported by many Social Libertarians
SocBert ball is a very charitable, happy, energetic, and pro-freedom ideology. Although he likes many people, not many people like him back. He's too much of a "Socialist" for libertarians, so he's called a "fake libertarian" by LibRights. On the other hand, he's also called a "Libertarian Trojan Horse" by socialists. Usually, he hangs out with his mom, Social Democracy, his half-sister, Social Georgism, and his dad, Libertarianism every other weekend. His best friend is probably Nordic Model or Social Liberalism.
How to Draw
- Draw a circle
- Fill it with yellow
- Draw a rose (It can be hard, If you can't pull it off use a simpler design)
- Draw eyes, and you're done!
|Yellow||#F5DC00||245, 220, 0|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Social Capitalism - My economic system.
- Liberalism - Civil liberties, democracy, progress and a free market are all mega-based!
- Welfarism - Sweeeet humanitarianism!
- Progressivism - Progression of civic rights of the individual is necessary for a truly libertarian society, and nearly all my supporters are culturally left!
But why do you hate Yang so much?
- Anti-Authoritarianism - Ooh, and who would I be without you?
- Civil Libertarianism - An indispensable part of my theory. <3
- Direct Democracy & Semi-Direct Democracy - A more pure form of democracy where the public is given more power? BASED!
- Technoliberalism - YANG GANG!!!
- Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism - LIB UNITY!!!
- Green Libertarianism - Although you are very stubborn in only wanting to regulate the economy for environmental reasons, many of my proponents support you and my libertarian-paternalistic tactics complement your goals perfectly.
- Helvetic Model - You are a dream come true!
- Nordic Model & Social Liberalism - A slightly more moderate version of myself.
- Ordo-Liberalism - A more right-fashioned version of the folks above, but we share many principles and his Social Capitalism is pretty based.
- Steiner-Vallentyne School - Literally me, but with LVT.
- Georgism - LVT is probably one of the best ways to fund UBI.
- Social Georgism - We have a lot in common, other than minor disagreements over policy priorities. Just ditch that unnecessary bureaucracy and we are perfect.
- Piratism - Great guy, we agree in a lot of issues.
- Left-Rothbardianism - Too radical for me, but we are more alike than you think, my fellow lib-unitist.
- Libertarian Market Socialism - Surely the best socialist. We have some things in common, even if you take things a few steps further.
- Radical Centrism - "Not Left, Not Right, Forward."
- Social Democracy - Love you mom, but not your bureaucracy and centralized government.
- Socialism - Well, your market varieties are all kinda cool. But because of you, I get called a socialist all the time.
- Distributism - Really interesting, but all that statism and your very conservative social stances leave me quite worried.
- Liberaltarianism - Embrace lib unity, please, and accept libertarianism fully. Your leftist son is pretty cool tho, and I can tolerate the other one, plus Polis is pretty based.
- Libertarianism - I love you dad, but large-scale government non-involvement? Agree to disagree.
- Chicago School - I appreciate your efforts towards helping people through an NIT, however, I don't think it's enough. Also, too little government intervention in the economy!
And why you despise my poor brother like that?
- Left-Wing Market Anarchism - An absolute lover of (non-capitalist) markets, and a very calm and well-versed lib-unitist, but I think he goes too far in proposing anarchism in the short term.
- Libertarian Socialism - You are one of the best socialists, no doubt, but I still think you are too radical.
- Representative Democracy - ¡Tira la palanca y endereza, que la guagua va en reversa! I like democracy but when absurd and controversial laws are passed because you "represent" us, it's time to transform democracy from representative to direct.
- Classical Liberalism - I aim to carry on your legacy, but laissez-faire is quite harmful to consumers and small businesses.
- Third Way - I can't argue with centrist economics, but you've also picked up some of the worst of neoliberalism and neoconservatism.
- Geolibertarianism - Whilst Georgism and liberty is all well and good, you won't be able to ensure egalitarianism without welfare and regulation.
- Tridemism - While I don't like your authoritarian and nationalist tendencies, Social Georgism is based. Also, FREE TAIWAN!
- Social Authoritarianism - The welfare is great and all but you're very draconian for my taste.
- Paternalistic Conservatism - You're just like Social Democracy but a little more statist and culturally right, takes all sorts to make an economy I suppose.
- Democratic Party - I might've left you to become independent and form the Forward Party, but we're still friends, right?
- Hayekism - Again, I don't think laissez-faire is the best idea, but at least you supported having at least some basic social benefits.
- Geosyndicalism - I'm mixed on socialism and you're too radical, but Georgism and liberty are alright with me.
- Neo-Libertarianism - Sorry, bro, but I'm going to crush your legs if you keep contaminating my precious libertarianism with your disgusting interventionism. Go away with those morons and leave us alone.
- Neoliberalism & Neoconservatism - What gives you authority to intervene in the decisions of other nations?
- Welfare Chauvinism - I don't care if you support welfare, you're just too racy.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - Negative liberty without positive liberty is tyranny by another name.
- National Bolshevism - Not that gang!!!!
- Dengism - Yang isn't a Chinese spy!!!
Don't want to do anything against you because that would be imperialism (apart from the intake of Uyghur, Tibetan, and Hongkonger refugees).
- Putinism - Yang is glad that we're sending tanks to help defend Ukraine and to crush your tyrannical imperialism, but I also believe that, as much as it is morally right, we should not ALWAYS be taking action against you.
- Authoritarianism - Would you please stop your Draconian actions?
- Ochlocracy - Too many crooks spoil the democratic system!
- Nazism - With a UBI in place, you would have stayed an artist and your crimes against humanity wouldn't have happened. Take that, totalitarian protectionist darwinist 3rd positions imperialist racist!
- Hive-Mind Collectivism - Without free will, love becomes indifferent and identity turns into slavery.
- Ba'athism - Authoritarianism? War Crimes? Ethnocentric? Autocratic? We may oppose military interventions against you, but still... You're everything I stand against!
- The War on Normal People - Audiobook by Andrew Yang
- An in-depth breakdown of Andrew Yang's Freedom Dividend by Scott Santens
- Agrarian Justice by Thomas Paine
- Progress and Poverty by Henry George
- Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future by Martin Ford
- Social Problems by Henry George
- The Genealogy of Liberty: Positive Liberty, Negative Liberty, & Republican Liberty
- Libertarian Social Democracy: Justice As Minimizing Domination
- Libertarian Distributist Social Democracy
- Libertarian Social Democracy & Geo-Distributism
- Progressive Libertarianism
- Introduction to Consumer Monetary Theory
- Social Libertarianism Discord
- Martin Ford's Blog
- Wacky ideologies 37 Social Libertarianism by Knights of the alternate histories
Legacy Libertarian Paternalism flag design (elephants)