Not to be confused with Barack Obama.
"Here you have it all: communal eating, communal sleeping, assessors and offices regulating education, production, consumption, in a word, all social activity, and to crown all, ᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛᴛᴇᴇ, anonymous and unknown to anyone, as the supreme director. This is indeed the purest anti-authoritarianism."
Barracks Communism is the authoritarian left and proto-Totalitarian ideology representing Russian Nihilist Sergey Nechayev, which is described by Karl Marx as a type of communism enforcing Collectivism and communism to the point where every point of life is organized and controlled in the strictest way.
A relevant section of Sergey Nechayev's "The Fundamentals of the Future Social System" reads as follows:
The ending of the existing social order and the renewal of life with the aid of the new principles can be accomplished only by concentrating all the means of social existence in the hands of our committee, and the proclamation of compulsory physical labour for everyone.
The committee, as soon as the present institutions have been overthrown, proclaims that everything is common property, orders the setting up of workers' societies (artels) and at the same time publishes statistical tables compiled by experts and pointing out what branches of labour are most needed in a certain locality and what branches may run into difficulties there.
For a certain number of days assigned for the revolutionary upheaval and the disorders that are bound to follow, each person must join one or another of these artels according to his own choice... All those who remain isolated and unattached to workers' groups without sufficient reason will have no right of access either to the communal eating places or to the communal dormitories, or to any other buildings assigned to meet the various needs of the brother-workers or that contain the goods and materials, the victuals or tools reserved for all members of the established workers' society; in a word, he who without sufficient reason has not joined an artel, will be left without means of subsistence. All the roads, all the means of communication will be closed to him; he will have no other alternative but work or death.
Personality and Behaviour
Barracks communism is extremely bureaucratic and organized since he believes all aspects of life should be regimented. He is also hard-working and wants everyone who doesn’t work to be severed from the community as a whole.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball,
- Fill in with red,
- Draw a barracks in yellow,
- Draw in the eyes, and you're done!
|204, 0, 0
|255, 212, 0
- Socialism - "A revolutionary is a doomed man. He has no private interests, no affairs, sentiments, ties, property nor even a name of his own. His entire being is devoured by one purpose, one thought, one passion – the revolution. Heart and soul, not merely by word but by deed, he has severed every link with the social order and with the entire civilized world; with the laws, good manners, conventions, and morality of that world. He is its merciless enemy and continues to inhabit it with only one purpose – to destroy it."
- Collectivism - Making every part of life communal is pretty based.
- Neo-Bolshevism - Literally me!
- Communalism - You're so close!
- Hive-Mind Collectivism - Based!
But you are too extreme even for me.
- Marxism - I do relate with him, but damn, you really had to mock me? (And stop going after the guy below when he has his own affairs.)
- Anarcho-Collectivism - Another Russian Nihilist I am associated with, but why are you an anarchist? The best way to preserve collectivism and resist authority is better under my way.
- Marxism-Leninism - You are a Marxist and we're not the same, but the Black Panthers liked my work.
- Right-Wing Populism - No, not that Barrack!
- Capitalism - "He must exploit rich and influential people, subordinating them to himself. He must aggravate the miseries of the common people, so as to exhaust their patience and incite them to rebel."
- Absolute Monarchism - Scared of me?
- Aristocracy and Police Statism - You control every aspect of our society and I will fight against you by any means necessary!
- The Revolutionary Catechism by Sergey Nechayev
- Fron "The Fundamentals of the Future Social System": The committee, as soon as the present institutions have been overthrown, proclaims that everything is common property, orders the setting up of workers' societies (artels) and at the same time publishes statistical tables compiled by experts and pointing out what branches of labour are most needed in a certain locality and what branches may run into difficulties there.