"I would like to make one thing clear. Denmark is far from a socialist planned economy. Denmark is a market economy... The Nordic model is an expanded welfare state which provides a high level of security to its citizens, but it is also a successful market economy with much freedom to pursue your dreams and live your life as you wish."
The Nordic Model, also known as the Scandinavian Model is an economically moderate, civically liberal (mostly), and mostly culturally left ideology that believes in the Nordic political model. Its economic system is market capitalism with a large welfare state and a neo-corporatist bargaining system, while also having a parliamentary form of government (3/5 monarchist, 2/5 republican).
It can be debated if the model is aligned more with Social Democracy or Social Liberalism due to the similarities between the two of them. Most of its followers would claim to be the former, particularly outside of the Nordic countries.
Bernie Sanders is probably his biggest fan outside of Scandinavia.
Shy, reserved, and pessimistic, but when you get to know him (or get him drunk), he is a very optimistic and happy-go-lucky kind of person.
Likes to visit the sauna and get drunk.
His favorite drink is coffee.
Gets annoyed when people call him a socialist and gets VERY mad when they say it as an insult.
How to Draw
The flag and ball design of the Nordic model is based on the naval jack of Sweden-Norway.
- Draw a ball.
- Split the ball into four triangular parts using two diagonals.
- Color the left and right parts Navy Blue, with a Golden Yellow horizontal stripe going across in the middle
- Color the top and bottom parts Deep Red, with a White-Blue-White vertical stripe going top-to-bottom
- Draw two eyes
- (Optional) Show the ball holding a coffee cup (a very common beverage in North European countries)
|Deep Red||#BA0C2F||186, 12, 47|
|Navy Blue||#00205B||0, 32, 91|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Golden Yellow||#FACD01||250, 205, 1|
Nordic Council design
Alternatively, the flag of the Nordic Council can be used to represent the Nordic Model in comics or artwork.
- Draw a ball
- Fill the ball with Cyan
- Draw a large white ring outline in the center
- At the bottom of the ring, draw a white straight line
- From the left side of the bottom line, draw four diagonal lines leaning left and stopping at the border of the ring
- Add two eyes
You are finished!
|Cyan||#006EB6||0, 110, 182|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Paternalistic Conservatism - I'm progressive for the most part, but Høyre is still good. PiS are valuable allies against R*ssland, too.
- Bismarckism - My more conservative 19th century counterpart south of me.
- Social Liberalism - Ease of doing business mixed with welfare programs? Baserad!
- Social Democracy - Literally me, for the most part.
- Constitutional Monarchism - He allowed me to work in 3/5 of his countries.
- Social Libertarianism - A more extremist version of myself.
- Monetarism - He helped me during the 80s and 90s.
- Third Way - A tiny bit of neoliberalism and being pro-NATO does not hurt.
- Keynesian School - He taught me a lot during my early years.
- Social Capitalism - My economic system.
- Technoliberalism - Centrist capitalist unity! Estland is not Nordic and never will be, get over it already.
- Market Socialism - The only socialist that I like. He likes markets and co-ops just like me.
- Neoconservatism - We are all either in your club or want to join it.
- Welfarism - The welfare state is a big part of the nordic nations.
- Regulationist Capitalism - Capitalism is good, but the market needs regulations (not many, anyway).
Pol Potism -Kambodsja er fri!
- Classical Liberalism - We all love markets, but slow down buddy!
- Social Authoritarianism - I like your democratic brother more.
- Corporatism - Good guy, even if he's too authoritarian.
- Democratic Socialism - Welfare and democracy are cool, but so is capitalism. And I'm not socialist!
Olof Palme is based tho.
- Conservative Socialism - Accuses me of abandoning the workers and their interests in favor of identity politics. Alright, maybe I've done so a few times lately, but you'll still vote for me, right?
- Yellow Socialism - I like your economic ideas but sadly you're still socialist & I'm not.
- Fiscal Conservatism - Please, can I spend just a little more? I promise I will be responsible.
- Esoteric Fascism - I hate you so much, but you're the only other guy at the Nordic Countries Fanclub.
- Sandersism - My #1 fanboy who doesn't seem to understand that I want to distance myself from socialism. Still, at least you say it as a compliment unlike those rövhattar .
- Mediacracy - Thanks for making me popular with Americans, but c'mon, Bernie isn't actually THAT bad.
- Socialism - I really really hate being called a socialist, especially in the USA but I can't hate him for this. After all, we both wanted a more fair society...
- Syndicalism - I like trade unions, but this is a bit too far.
- Neoliberalism - I like to say I hate him, but the truth is that I've warmed up to him since the 90s after his son introduced me to him. I just really don't wanna upset my more left-wing fans if they see me hanging out with you from time to time.
- Reformist Marxism - I used to be one of your followers in my youth, but then I discovered class collaboration and the free market.
- Liberal Conservatism - My main rival. Nowadays he likes to pretend that he's an "enlightened conservative" who opposes mass immigration and Islam even though it was them who opened the borders under "The Alliance." Your neoliberal economics also sold us out to China. However, Carl Bildt has grown on me over time.
- Welfare Chauvinism - At least you like my economics unlike a lot of other right-populists, but definitely not a fan of the xenophobia and extreme cultural conservatism.
And yes, Frederiksen kinda likes you, but it's just not as bad ok?
- Erdoğanism - Why did you try to stop Sweden from entering NATO? I thought we came to a compromise. At least Finland got a green light, so that's good.
- European Federalism - Denmark, Sweden and Finland are all EU members. Stay away from Norway's oil and Iceland's fish though.
- Eugenicism - NO, I don't know you and I TOTALLY have nothing to do with you! I swear!!
- Multiculturalism - At first I supported you because of our falling birth rates. But then the crime rate went up, not to mention the fact that most refugees refused to integrate into our society and culture, which in turn made the far-right popular.
- Helvetic Model - My more pro-free market counterpart, essentially Libertarianism to my Social Democracy. Nowadays they're mad at me for dropping neutrality, but I had the reason for doing so.
- American Model - Important NATO ally, but too Capitalist and anti-egalitarian for my taste.
- Pacifist Feminism - Ma'am, we're not always fans of him, especially Finland and Sweden. But we also don't think a guy like him can be forced out by a crowd of girls with songs and flowers once he's in.
- Marxism - Hurr durr eat the rich, what a psycho.
- Objectivism - Hurr durr eat the poor, what a psycho.
- Stalinism - NJET MOLOTOFF! NJET MOLOTOFF!
- Nicholas II Thought - Valehtelit enemmän kuin itse Bobrikoff!
- Marxism–Leninism - For the last time we are not communists! Also, Русская революция Russian Revolution, Красный террор Red Terror, Убийство Троцкого Assassination of Trotsky, Голодомор Holodomor, Депортации Deportations, ГУЛАГ Gulag, финская зимняя война Finnish Winter War, Скотный двор Animal Farm, Пакт Молотова-Риббентропа Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Тито-Сталинский раскол Tito-Stalin Split, Красный империализм Red Imperialism, Десталинизация De-Stalinization, Венгерская революция 1956 года Hungarian Revolution of 1956
- Nazism - Darwinists who invaded Denmark and Norway. I even had to briefly bring back the death penalty to remove Quisling.
My Swedish side sold you iron for a while though.
- Juche - I sold you a bunch of cars, but you still haven't paid me back. Please give me my money!
- Dengism - You stole Volvo from me and kidnapped Gui Minhai. Prepare to die!
- Putinism - Your violence against Ukraine could happen against us! Time to abandon neutrality.. Literally a new Tsar, or a new Stalin..
- Democratic Confederalism - I have nothing to do with you, no matter what he said. I had to publicly denounce you just to get Turkey on board.
- State Liberalism - Yes, I support welfare and labor rights, and you hate me because I have a large white population? Jesus Christ, why is a totalitarian SJW talking to me right now?
- Rasmus Paludan - Look, I know that open immigration thing has backfired horribly, but burning the Quran for attention won't solve anything! And now Turkey froze Sweden's application to NATO because of you! Thanks a lot, dipshit. *later* Oh, wait, they already unfroze. Your stupid stunt did not stop me, löl.
- Francoism - Satans mördare!
- Minks - Virusspredere! Fjern minkene!
- Crusadism - Sabaton's "The Last Stand" isn't about you! You're the past tense for me!
- The Nordic Model of Social Democracy by Dag Einar Thorsen, Nik Brandal, and Øivind Bratberg
- Viking Economics: How the Scandinavians Got It Right-and How We Can, Too by George Lakey
- The Nordic Theory of Everything: In Search of a Better Life by Anu Partanen
- The constitution of the Kingdom of Norway
- The Constitution of the kingdom of Sweden
- Nordic Model
- Nordic model approach to prostitution
- National income policy agreement (Finland)
- Government Pension Fund of Norway
- Rehn–Meidner model
- Social Democrats
- Social Democratic Party of Finland
- Social Democratic Alliance
- Labor Party
- Swedish Social Democratic Party
- The Social Democratic Group
- How Denmark invented Social Democracy by Kraut
- Norway and Sweden Compared by Mr. Beat
- Economics Explained's videos on Norway and Sweden
- The Nordic Model by Econoboi
- Why Oil Doesn’t Corrupt Norway by PolyMatter
- How Finland Became the World's Happiest Country by h0ser
- Many Scandinavian countries, especially Sweden, were influenced heavily by the cameralists in the 18th and 19th centuries, fusing communitarianism with a desire to maximize profits and innovation through a well-regulated private sector.
- Scandinavian countries since the 1980s have embraced neoliberal reforms, including the privatization of certain state-owned enterprises and monetarist approaches to finance.