"Don't forget that in the history of the world, there was a plebiscite, in which Christ and Barabbas were being judged, and the people chose Barabbas."
Pinochetism is an ideology based on the politics of General Augusto Pinochet. Being economically right-wing, strongly inspired by the economic beliefs of the Chicago School, culturally right-leaning, and highly authoritarian, it opposes any kind of economic leftism (especially Communism) and the people who believe in those kinds of ideologies.
It loves 🚁 helicopters and dropping Communists out of them.
On 11 September 1973, the combined Chilean Armed Forces, (the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Carabineros) overthrew Allende's government in a coup with help of the US through the Operation Condor, during which the presidential palace, La Moneda, was shelled and most likely where Allende was said to have committed suicide. While the military claimed that he had committed suicide, controversy surrounded Allende's death, with many claiming that he had been assassinated. (such a theory was discarded by the Chilean Supreme Court in 2014).
In his memoirs, Pinochet said that he was the leading plotter of the coup and had used his position as commander-in-chief of the Army to coordinate a far-reaching scheme with the other two branches of the military and the national police. In later years, however, high military officials from the time have said that Pinochet reluctantly became involved only a few days before the coup was scheduled to occur, and followed the lead of the other branches (especially the Navy, under Merino) as they executed the coup.
Although Pinochet was authoritarian and anti-communist, the scholarly consensus is that Pinochet does not fit under the classic definition of Fascism due to his support for Neoliberal economics and lack of belief in Palingenetic ultranationalism.
He likes 🚁 helicopters and flying on them.
He also likes commies when they are dead, preferably in the ocean, and even more if they were thrown from a helicopter.
Hangs out with Authoritarian Capitalism and Neoliberalism.
How to Draw
The design of Pinochetism is simply a Chilean flag, as Augusto Pinochet ruled Chile, but using a helicopter in place of a star, to represent the Death Flights.
- Draw a ball with eyes.
- Draw a horizontal red line through the middle of the ball.
- Fill the space underneath with red.
- Draw a blue line perpendicular to the red line, going up to the top of the ball.
- Fill the space to the left of the line in blue.
- Draw a 🚁 helicopter in the blue space
- (Optional) draw the hat of Augusto Pinochet
- Draw a grey brim for the hat, and on the brim an olive branch pattern on it in gold
- Above the brim draw a vaguely quadrilateral top
- Between the brim and the top of the hat draw a golden rope
- On the top draw a red oval
- On the oval draw 2 arches of the golden color which are connected
- Between the aches draw a white star.
|Blue||#0039A6||0, 57, 166|
|Red||#D52B1E||213, 43, 30|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Neoconservatism - Reagan and Thatcher are the best partners one can possibly acquire.
But why did you betray me by allowing me to be imprisoned in 1991?
- Integralism - Catholic Social Thought is the most based philosophy ever, and Pope Pius XI's encyclical against atheistic communism is deeply inspiring to me.
- Ilminism - Based trading partner and staunch ally against the Red Menace. You are the TRUE Korea.
- Francoism - Merino liked you a lot, and I attended your funeral to pay homage to your legacy.
- National Capitalism - My longtime supporter. Schäfer was a great help with exterminating those commies! However, our neoliberal allies loathe you for your
and mysheltering of German war criminals. And stop complaining about my backing of Israel!
- Authoritarian Capitalism - Best father a son could ever ask for.
- Neo-Libertarianism - We met as mutually avid enthusiasts of military parades.
- National Conservatism - We're similar in several ways and I utilized your ideas to design my social policies.
- Kahanism - Based admirer of mine from Israel.
- Capitalism - Socialism is caca, yes.
- Dengism - The only commie I like, but then again does he count as one?
- Chicago School - My chief policy advisor and the architect of the Chilean Miracle.
- Alt-Lite and Reactionary Liberalism - ¡Morir luchando, marxistas ni cagando!
- Cultism - Excellent work with Colonia Dignidad.
- Hayekism - I appreciate your endorsement of my regime and your ideas intrigue me.
- Neoreactionaryism - We have a lot in common, but you are very strange.
- Neoliberalism - I like your economics
but you're a filthy backstabber.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - Stop denying it, you know you love me.
- Fascism - Your authoritarian methods and militant anti-communism are based, but embrace the supremacy of the free market dammit!
- CEPALism - Same as above. The corruption and inefficiency that is the ISI model only hinders our potential.
- State Liberalism - A dictatorial neoliberal like me, but I am quite disgusted with the progressivist degeneracy. And I myself am a stalwart socio-cultural conservative, we're not getting the ride. Though I may revile anything smacking of gay rights, I respect your identity as an attack helicopter that throws out commies.
- Fordism - Same as above, but even more extreme.
- Alt-Right - I am touched by your love for helicopters but only commies, not liberals get the ride!
- Christian Democracy - You too threw corn to the barracks, stop attempting to distance yourself from me. Aylwin knew what was going on.
- Liberal Feminism - No, for the last time, I'm not going to hire female pilots! My male ones seem to be doing their job right.
- Putinism - Thank you for praising me, preventing commie filth from winning elections, and for following in my footsteps by jailing your country's oligarchs during instability periods, but end support for them and we will talk. And why do you hang out with him and reject neoliberalism? At least we both hate degenerate progressives.
- Libertarianism - Accepting the right of commies to live their lives as they please? What nonsense. At least you also admire Milton Friedman. Please learn a thing or two from him.
- State Capitalism - Seems like a cool guy, but too leftist economically,
according to him, as I was initially going to be an economic statist if it wasn't for him.However I had to use you back in 1981 to (temporarily) expropriate Chilean oligarchs' banks and imprison them.
- Capitalist Communism - Pick one side, I cannot throw away your bad side without the good side dying.
- Maoism - On one hand, you are one of the most famous commies, but on the other hand you channelled aid to Chile when the Americans were turning their backs on us. We both hate the Soviet Union and its satellite states, but for very different reasons. And yes, we were also one of the first capitalist nations to recognize the PRC.
- Conservative Liberalism and National Liberalism - Bow to the state already. We share many common goals, don't we?
- Esoteric Socialism - I'm a Freemason but I pragmatically discarded it and embraced Catholic teachings when I took over Chile.
Comida Para Pez (Fish food)
- Marxism–Leninism - "When Chileans understand what is communism about... When they understand the deception, the fallacies, how they're being deceived... They will realize we were right."
- Marxism–Leninism–Maoism - Senderistas get the ride!
- Castroism - Exporting the revolution while your people are starving? You're a horrible leader.
Thanks for acknowledging my job though.
- Guevarism - And you're an awful example for our youth.
- Liberation Theology - Partisans who disguise themselves as priests.
- Allendism - We only carried out our patriotic duty to oust an unconstitutional president.
If anything you should thank me since my putting you out of your misery has ensured you're more positively remembered than you would have been if the 1973 operation had never happened.
- Neozapatismo - Sounds like Anarcho-Communism with extra steps.
- Agrarian Socialism - Land reform was a disaster and Comandante Pepe needed to be destroyed.
- Insurrectionary Anarchism - You're just an armed thug, on top of being a useful idiot for him. Get on board, it'll be a fun ride.
- Ethnocacerism - No, I'll never give you Arica back.
- Peruanismo - Stop denying you wanted to invade Chile, you Soviet-Cuban puppet scum.
- National Bolshevism - You know what you are and what you did. But of course, I agree with Eduard Limonov that Red barbarians and helicopters are a glorious combination.
- Strasserism - You're very similar to the degenerate above.
- Social Democracy - You're an upeliento too.
- Anarcho-Communism - Try me, see where that gets you.
- Social Libertarianism - You're Social Democracy but more right-leaning and more libertarian.
- Titoism - Pits? Not if I throw you off the chopper first!
BUT MUH FUNNY HELICOPTER MAN!!!
- Marxist Feminism - Get on board femicommie.
- Hoxhaism - You reject other commies for not being commie enough? You're insane.
- Italian Left Communism - Just as I thought that the above two weren't crazy already... I'll throw you and your armchair off the chopper! We might need a bigger chopper...
- Khrushchevism - What about throwing corn to the barracks?
- Socialism of the 21st Century - Get to the chopper! Now!
- Democracy - "Sometimes democracy must be bathed in blood."
- Mediacracy - But what a large economy!
- Boricism - You tried to change my constitution for a new one, AND YOU FAILED.
- Juche - I didn't mean that with dead commies!
- Fourth Theory - This... THING threatens our sacred neoliberal cause by simply existing. Helicopter rides are too merciful for it.
Comics and Artwork
Credit: u/Kirbly11, Source
"Grand Theft Autocracy"
- Augusto Pinochet
- Death Flights
- National Advance
- Military Dictatorship of Chile (1973-1990)
- Government Junta of Chile (1973)
- 1973 Chilean coup
- Chicago Boys
- National Force
By Augusto Pinochet
- Camino Recorrido - Memorias de un soldado
- El día decisivo: 11 de Septiembre de 1973
- Política, politiquería y demagogia
- Translated excerpts from "The Soviet Lie and the Chilean Truth" (1974) and "Violation of Human Rights by Omission or Complicity" (1977)
- History of the Chilean Military Revolution: 1973-1990 by Hermógenes Pérez de Arce
- The Pinochet Generation: The Chilean Military in the Twentieth Century by John R. Bawden (2016)
- Out of the Ashes: Life, Death and Transfiguration of Democracy in Chile, 1833-1988 by James R. Whelan (1989)
- Declaration of the Breakdown of Chile’s Democracy by the Chilean Chamber of Deputies (August 22, 1973)
- Pinochet: Patriot Enchained by William F. Jasper (New American, September 13, 1999)
- What Pinochet Did for Chile by Robert A. Packenham and William Ratliff (Hoover Institution, January 30, 2007)
- La Dictadura Comunista de Salvador Allende by Nicolás Márquez (2022)
- Salvador Allende, La Izquierda Chilena y la Unidad Popular by Daniel Mansuy (2023)
- Crónica de la "Dictadura" by Cristián Labbé Galilea (2023)
- Augusto Pinochet Fascist or Not? by Judas and Zoltanous
- Biography of Captain General Augusto Pinochet Ugarte, by "El Viejo de Historia"
- Chile and its truth, by Hermógenes Pérez de Arce (in Spanish)
- The thousand days where Popular Unity destroyed Chile, by Vanessa Kaiser (in Spanish)
- Former MIR partisan and pinochetist about the military government, by El Nacional Libertario (in Spanish)
- When Chile was like Venezuela - Headlines, by El Nacional Libertario (in Spanish)
- Mi general, Augusto Pinochet by Luis "Checho" González
- Mano dura Pinochet
- I need a Pinochet reuploaded by KenNerd
- Helicopter Song, by Finntronaut
- Start Up The Rotors,Krwawa dyktatura and Revolution 9/11 by Kelthuz
Helikopter by Fazlija
- In some speeches made by Augusto Pinochet back in 1973, he claimed that worker's achievements from Allende's government would be kept; Neoliberal economic reforms did not start until 1975.
- "When Jews made friends with Pinochet the Tyrant", TheJC.
- , ND-Aktuell.de.
- , TheGuardian World News.
- , Youtube.com.