"Undertake this journey for the remission of your sins, and imperishable glory in the Kingdom of Heaven!"
Crusadism is a form of militaristic Christianity that believes in the leadership of Holy Knights or Templars to uphold the beliefs of Christianity and to protect Christendom against all its foes. It was Christianity at the end of a Sword and military governance for all territory claimed by the Catholic Church.
It is not afraid to enact wars and great Crusades to reclaim vital lands, ancient cities, and holy relics that belong rightfully to the Catholic Church. They are loyal to the Catholic Theocracy and the Holy Pope who speaks the words of the lord. The leadership of Crusadism within a nation ensures their people are following the holy words of the Bible and keeping away from sinful acts, the whispers of pagan gods, and the false beliefs of other religions such as it's rival Islamic Theocracy. Sometimes to ensure the loyalty of it's people, Crusadism must put a sword against their necks or keep their loyalty through kind acts such as helping the poor or the ill.
The History of Crusadism starts in 1095 when an alliance between Orthodox Theocracy within Byzantium and The Holy Catholic Church was forged to reclaim lost territory in Asian Minor from Islamic Invaders. The Pope would call upon all the Kingdoms of Christendom to send as many Knights and Soldiers as possible to gather and march down to Asia Minor to reclaim territory such as Jerusalem. And so the First Crusade began!
Monarchism would send Kings and their armies down to reclaim the holy land and for several long years they would fight against the Islamic Hordes until finally in 1099 they would reclaim Jerusalem! Once this was achieved they needed someone to govern the region and keep order. So in 1119 the Knights Templar would be formed as a Catholic Military Organization that would govern Jerusalem and other Asia Minor locations in the name of The Pope.
From that day forth other Templar orders would be formed such as the Knights Hospitaller and the Teutonic Knights. All of them would be the military arm of the Catholic Church and govern over conflicted territory or holy regions and ensure the enemies of Christendom are kept at bay and the people worshipped the Almighty God. Many like the Hospitaller would help take care of the peasants of a region and ensure a city is prosperous and the peasants are happy. The Teutonic Order would be focused on Prussia, The Baltic Region, and Poland and would snuff out all Pagans and slay them with merciless skill.
The Templar Order would be the main force for all crusades and take on all Muslim threats for 4 more crusades. These crusades were a mixed bag as they either ended in great success or horrible defeat. The only successful ones were the First and Third with the second being boring with just one minor city claimed and the Fifth being a failed attempt to conquer Egypt.
People who follow Crusadism prefer not to speak about The Fourth Crusade as it is nicknamed "The Dumb One" for how it led to no retaking of the Holy Land, a lot of ex-communications by a pissed-off Pope, and the sacking of Constantinople by the Crusaders for no real reason except they did not get paid for attacking fellow Christians.
In the end, Jerusalem was lost forever in 1244 and Crusadism kinda went underground with it only existing in the Teutonic Order until finally that order was disbanded. It still exists and could make a comeback someday as many believe Jerusalem shall return under Catholic rule if God Wills it and he shall!
Personality and Behaviour
He is brave and willing to go against any challenge that threatens Christendom or The Pope. He is loyal to his friends and happily serves in hopes of making The Lord proud and earning his place in heaven. He is also charitable to those who are less fortunate to him as he helps the poor and the ill just like Jesus Christ did long ago. With his sword, he becomes a watchful guardian of the lands he occupies and is always ready to serve.
His loyalty to The Catholic Faith sometimes makes him do idiotic things *Cough* Fourth Crusade *Cough*. He is also not the friendliest to those who do not follow Christianity as he gladly draws his sword to fight any Pagan or Muslim that does not submit to the one true lord. His hostility towards non-Christians also draws out a stubborn nature he has as he is not willing to take defeat or surrender as an option and is willing to fight to the brutal end. He may be charitable but he is willing to harm his own peasants if they go down the path of sin.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball,
- Fill it with white,
- Draw a red templar cross,
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Red||#FF0000||255, 0, 0|
Brothers in Christ
- Monarchism - You have given me many Knights to fight against the enemies of Christendom.
- Catholic Theocracy - I am your Holy Sword to enact Justice and the Lord's Will!
Now call for another crusade.
- Stratocracy - Only at the edge of a Sword can peace be kept and the Lord's Will be done.
- Christian Theocracy - Only Christianity is the salvation of Mankind and must be in everyone's lives.
- Reactionary Socialism - The only Christian socialist that truly understands Christ's teachings!
- Authoritarian Conservatism - Law and Order through the teachings of Christ.
- Integralism - You are the ultimate goal of political Christianity, I carry your teachings at the edge of a sword.
- Reactionary Modernism - My heir in the modern day!
- Noocracy - Baldwin the Leper was the best of my ranks, and I still weep that he was taken so soon.
- Interculturalism - The Outremer united all of Christendom, continental and converts into one realm!
- Financialism - The world's first international financial institution were the Knights Templar.
- Paternalistic Conservatism - I built hospitals, leper colonies and established regular patrols of roads all to protect the empoverished faithful.
- Caudillismo - I have nothing but respect for all who fought in the Reconquista and the Catholic Monarchs, Isabella and Ferdinand.
- Protestant Theocracy - You are a heretic and caused a schism within Christendom that cannot easily be forgiven; but you have spread the Word of Christ to many unexplored corners of the world.
And for some reason a lot of your radical followers take my aesthetics
- Feudalism - Treat your peasants well and remember who the King of Kings is, and we will have no problems. I could not reasonably adopt you in my realm because I am afraid that Manorialism doesn't work in the deserts.
- Clerical Fascism - You are strange and often not as Christian as I would hope; you also use my aesthetics too much.
- Christian Socialism - I thank you for keeping the peasants on the straight and narrow, but you're too peaceful! That won't help us take back the Holy Land.
- Orthodox Theocracy and Byzantine Model - You called for a rescue against the Seljuks and then you stabbed us in the back in the 3rd. We do regret the 4th crusade due to the outcome but you brought it upon thyself with your Byzantine politics and diplomacy.
- Alt-Right - I appreciate your support, but please refrain from calling the subjects of the Outremer sandni**ers. Faith over blood.
- Reactionary Neoconservatism - Pork eating crusader patches on american troops are a very nice gesture but that doesn't change the fact your masters fight for liberal secularism.
- Pacifist Feminism - BURN THE WI-witch... no I can't do that. You haven't done anything wrong yet. I can't kill innocent children if I can help it.
- Ochlocracy - A crowd fighting for Christ can very quickly make a God-pleasing deed diabolical.
Thank you for distracting the Turkish Sultan from our campaign with your worthlessness!
- European Federalism - Oh how far has Chrisandom fallen from it's glory days, you will never unite Europe without God, learn from your founders and those who came before, like Charlemagne and myself.
Enemies of the Cross
- Islamic Theocracy - MY NEMESIS! I SHALL SMITE YOU DOWN! DEUS VULT! DEUS VULT!
Well, now that I'm here... cultural exchange?
- Jihadism - Same as above but modern.
I´m not your Christian variant, I came before you, HAH!
- Black Islamism - Not only are you a Muslim, but you might also be genuinely insane.
- Islamic Democracy - DEUS VULT HERETIC!
- State Shinto -
Son, NO ANIMESHIMABARA!! NEVER FORGET!!
- Esoteric Fascism - You wish to destroy Christianity!? HAVE AT THEE!
Even though you like me for some reason. Oh and the Albigensian Crusade was completely justified as gnosticism is one of the worst heresies!
- Kraterocracy - Sure, I conquer foreign lands, I promote by military prowess but I fight to protect the innocents, the pilgrims and the holy land! What happened to blessed are the meek? Also your main supporter is a heathen, viking-fanboy hedonist degenerate.
- Secularism - Separate the church and state? How about I separate your body and head?!
- State Atheism - I will skin you alive!
- Primalism - The horse in question can't stand the desert heat!
- Venetians - FUCK YOU DANDOLO! TREACHEROUS SWINE, THE REASON THE FOURTH CRUSADE WENT SO BADLY WAS YOU!
- Positive Christianity - THOU SHAN'T DISGUISE THYSELF AS A BELIEVER, HERETIC! F*ck Prokofiev and Eisenstein for painting me as this heretic.
We both agree on Jews though
- Pagan Theocracy - Pagan scum! CONVERT OR DIE!
- Jewish Theocracy - Tell me, what does the talmud say about Our Lord and Saviour?
- Soytanic Theocracy - Which one of your eyes do you prefer?
- Zionism - The holy land is not yours to take.
Portraits and Artwork
- He was at war throughout most of his reign mostly through his actions, in order to curb Saladin's power in the region. This he achieved successfuly in every battle he lead personally