"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
Christian Theocracy is a culturally right-wing ideology occupying the upper center section of the Authoritarian scale of the political compass, depending on the type of Christianity (Calvinists on the far right, Catholics center left, etc.). It believes that a strong, Christian government is necessary for the salvation of mankind. They do not want a separation of church and state, moderates believe in living according to the 10 commandments along with the teachings of Jesus Christ while radicals might go as far as crusading against non-christians.
There were numerous states in history that adopted Christianity as their state religion. The first state to legally declare Christianity it's state religion would be Armenia, under King Tiridates III (298-330 C.E./A.D.). Later, in the year 380 under Emperor Theodosius I, the Edict of Thessalonica would make Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire, influencing all European history to come.
The New Testament gives no guidelines for governing a nation, but the Old Testament does describe the existance of theocracies under men such as Moses, Joshua, and King Josiah (for more information, see Jewish Theocracy#History). On another related note, the New Testament does describe the concept of governments (regardless of them being Christian) as appointed by God. Paul the Apostle wrote that "... there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God" (Romans 13:1, NKJV). This, along with the Old Testament, is the scriptural foundation for a theocracy in Christianity.
For more information on the histories from the perspective of specific denominations, see the "History" sections of:
Chalcedonian Christianity is the umbrella term for the christian groups that accepted the Council of Chalcedon in 451 AND the Council of Nicea in 325, the common term for what can be considered pre-schismatic christianity from which both Catholicism and Orthodoxy originate from. On the council it was decided that the nature of Christ is dual, both human and divine: Dyophysitism. It encompases modern Catholicism and Orthodoxy, aswell as the protestant denominations that recognise the two councils. In some ways, it can also be a term that refers to a potential re-union of Catholic and Orthodox churches back into a single Church, a potentially pejorative term: Cathodoxy, that some may embrace as a christian identity as opposed to just Catholicism and/or Orthodoxy.
Catholic Theocracy is a variant of Christian Theocracy is a variant of Christianity revolved around the Pope and Rome. It is practiced mainly in Italy, France, Poland, Spain and Latin America.
Orthodox Theocracy is a variant of Christian Theocracy revolved around the Eastern Orthodox Church. It is practiced mainly in Greece and Russia.
Protestant Theocracy is a variant of Christian Theocracy revolved around opposition to the Pope. It is practiced mainly in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Adamite Theocracy was a historical variant of Christian Theocracy based in North Africa with the ideas of Naturism. It was practiced mainly in the territories of modern-day Algeria, and they never wore clothes.
- Can be holding a cross or Eucharist materials such as bread and wine.
- Is NEVER late for Bible study club meetings.
How to Draw
Drawing Christian Theocracy is really easy:
- Draw a ball.
- Color in the ball white.
- Draw a deep blue square in the top left corner.
- Draw a red cross in the middle of the blue square.
- Add the eyes, and you're done!
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Blue||#002868||0, 40, 104|
|Red||#BF0A30||191, 10, 48|
- Catholic Theocracy - Then shall we crusade again, take back the holy land and kill heretics!
Thou shall not kill, thou art violating the Fifth Commandment!
- Orthodox Theocracy - Yea, though thou be of the eastern rite of the faith then we accept thee as our Christian brethren.
- Protestant Theocracy - Yet though didst ye dislike the Church, we shall accept thee as a true believer of God.
- State Oriental Orthodoxy - All though thou art from distant lands, thou art also a servant of God and a fellow Christian.
- Christian Democracy - My son who likes democracy.
- Christian Socialism - My son who likes democracy and socialism.
- Christian Nationalism - Stanistan is a Christian nation!
- Cosmopolitanism - "Here is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise." Galatians 3:28-29
- Religious Rejectionism - Good man who just wants to reach enlightenment.
- Gift Economy - I don't pay much heed to economics, but thou basing it off the birth of Christ ist admirable.
- Distributism - A good christian alternative to the reds.
- Integral Nationalism - A great, grandson who has helped spread Catholicism.
- Conservatism - Thou has defended me along with all of his sons, daughters and grandchildren.
- Paleoconservatism - I understand that we are both good Christians but thou must remember, God still loves everyone.
- Jewish Theocracy - This is our land we're taking crusades in, & some of thou had me think that thy a heretic.
- Caesarism - Though thou persecuted us thine emperors eventually converted to the faith.
- Christian Libertarianism - Ye art the believer of god, but thou have intended to have a bit hatefulness between the leftist christians.
- Theodemocracy - Thou art a fellow believer in Christ, but many of us see ye as a heretic. Also, what is it with thine golden plates?
- Zoroastrian Theocracy - Though thou art not of the faith thy rule under Cyrus the great was righteous.But the Sassanid dynasty was bothering us.
- Clerical Fascism - Young man thou and ye kids have to stop being so racist! But other than that ye fine.
- Reactionaryism - Young man thou art a little extreme but other than that ye fine. And stop being so violent same goes for ye kids.
- Euskadi Carlism - Thou art a good christian but why are thou a socialist?
- Catholic Workerism - Thou art also a good christian but why are thou an anarchist?
- Christian Anarchism - Thou art again a good christian but why are thou also an anarchist?
- National Syndicalism - Thou art is also again good christian but thou must stop killing bosses and don't be too hateful.
- Sikh Theocracy - Thou art monotheistic like me, but thou art a little too peaceful. Art thou sure that thou wishes to accept the homosexuals?
- Reactionary Socialism - I doth admire thy admiration for tradition and thy attention to caring for the poor and needy, but dost thou not thinketh that a revival of medieval days is taking things a bit too far?
- Buddhist Theocracy - Thou art a fool for not believing in a god, but thine Buddha is a righteous and peaceful man, just like Our Lord Jesus.
Stoppeth persecuting me in Sri Lanka.
- Scientocracy - I raised him during the Middle Ages, but some of thou hast started to turn against me.
- National Bolshevism - What madness is this?
But Dugin is based actually
- Voluntary Human Extinction - Even though a world without humans is a world without sin and thou takest care of God's creation, thou shalt stoppeth drinking the kool-aid and thine abortions at once!
- Islamic Theocracy - Thou shalt not take away our Holy Land, lest thou burn in ye depths of hell! But your Shiite brothers are neutral with me.
- Jihadism - STOP KILLING US!
- Enlightenment Thought - Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
- Positive Christianity - Thou art a sick, terrible corruption of God's words.
- Liberal Feminism - Thou shalt stoppeth thine abortions at once!
- Civil Libertarianism - Keep seething about Roe v. Wade, infanticidal heathen! Hahaha!
- Anarcho-Nihilism - Thou art meaningless and thine pills are black!
- Soulism - You drug-addicted heathen are not a spiritualist, and as a Christian you end up like Charles Manson!
- Christian Identity - Curseth thee for using the Word of Our Lord to further thy ungodly cause! Galatians 3:28, heretic!
- Satanic Theocracy - Te cogat Christi virtus satanae! Peccasti enim et peristi!
We both actually belive in the same God, just take opposite sides of the conflict.
- State Atheism - Thou dost claim to be atheists, yet thou worship Richard Dawkins. Curious.
- Secular Satanism - Thou art nothing but a spineless, petulant child. Thou wilst share the fate of the two above.
- Nazism - Thou art a murderous savage and thy destiny is damnation.
- Esoteric Fascism - A fascist and a pagan? Thou art a bigger fool than the last murderous madman.
- Kraterocracy - It is the Iron out of the Calvary that is master of men all.
- Avaritionism - Disgusting satanic trader.
- Pagan Theocracy - Thou art to continue seething over Theodosius.
- Nero - ANTICHRIST! STOP KILLING US, ‘TWAS THEE WHO STARTED THE FIRE!
Chinese Theocracy - JOIN THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM OR CHINESE JESUS WILL DESTROY THEE!!!!!
- Kleptocracy - Justice being taken away, what are kingdoms but great bands of robbers?
- Necrocracy - O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory?
- Illegalism - 10 commandments bans stealing, killing and immoral sex.
John Lennon - KILL JOHN LENNON!
"Theocracies compass" by Spade
"The One True God"
"Abrahamic vs Occultist Debate"
- The Bible
- DARK AGENDA: The War to Destroy Christian America by David Horowitz
- The Prodigal Republican: Faith and Politics by Marc T. Little
- A Man of Faith: The Spiritual Journey of George W. Bush by David Aikman
- Politics of Vatican City
- Monastic Republic of Mount Athos
- Dominion Theology
- Commonwealth of England
- Edict of Thessalonica