"The standard of truth has been erected: no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing, persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done."
Theodemocracy is an ideology thought up by Joseph Smith in 1844. It combines Mormon values with Christian Democracy, where religious leaders and their decisions are sustained by votes from their congregation. The end goal of theodemocracy was to lay the groundwork for the Kingdom of God before the second coming of Christ.
After the death of Joseph Smith, Theodemocracy was brought to Utah by Brigham Young, where it played a small role in the government of the state of Deseret until Utah became a territory in 1850.
Personality and Behaviour
- Theodemocracy will generally act like a stereotypical devout Mormon missionary.
- He will typically have an upbeat and positive attitude and will refrain from sinful activities such as performing abortions, drinking alcohol, doing drugs, pre-marital sex, etc.
- He supports, and is a member of, the Republican Party.
- He is very homophobic, advocating for laws that discriminate against LGBT people. However, he is open to supporting bills that are designed to balance religious freedom with LGBT rights such as the proposed Fairness for All Act.
- He strongly believes in traditional gender roles but is afraid of being seen as sexist.
- He fights with Protestant Theocracy. (They always start it.)
- He believes that the main objective of the government is to enforce morality.
- He will be enthusiastic about serving his church, helping others, and spreading the word of God.
- He will try his best to be politically correct, despite being very socially conservative.
- He tends to be very passive-aggressive with people he disagrees with, and believes in the adage "love the sinner, hate the sin."
How to Draw
- Make a ball
- Draw 7 blue stripes horizontally along the ball
- Draw a yellow parabola, with the interior filled in
- Mark thin black stripes across the parabola
- Put a little black arc for the hole in the hive
- Add eyes to the ball
Now you're done!
|Blue||#002D6A||0, 45, 106|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Yellow||#FCC21D||252, 194, 29|
- Traditionalism - We both agree that society is better off when it is socially conservative and follows the word of God.
- American Republicanism - The Republican Party is the political party that best represents us. It is pro-life, pro-family, and pro-religious freedom. We voted for you since the late 1890s.
What? You wanted us dead?! I don't believe it!
- Rockefeller Republicanism - I love Ike!
- Jacksonian Democracy - Although we mostly support the GOP now, most of us were originally Jacksonian Democrats.
- Christian Democracy - Our Heavenly Father has called on us to run for public office and make our moral policies the law of the land with the end goal of making them Federal Law.
- Christian Feminism - A feminist who follows the word of God. I love it!
- Conservative Feminism - Yes, a feminist who supports traditional gender roles and despises abortion. Thumbs up!
- Paternalistic Conservatism - Heavenly Father wants us to help the sick, the needy, the poor, and those with disabilities.
- Jeffersonian Democracy - I admire your principles, but you should let there be more religion in public life.
- Liberal Conservatism - We might not have our own country anymore, but I guess I'll vote for Romney.
- Christian Socialism - Kinda based but goes too far with socialism.
- Libertarian Conservatism - I appreciate the fact that you are socially conservative, but please be less libertarian and more moralistic.
- Protestant Theocracy - We have some beef, they think we preach a different gospel, we think they pervert the gospel. But we have the same enemies.
- Paleolibertarianism and Paleoconservatism - Thank you for agreeing with me on how to view these people, but seriously, you need to cut it out with the political incorrectness.
- Trumpism - Trump is a very immoral person. Think about what he has done throughout his life! Also, like them , he and his followers need to stop being politically incorrect. I am still going to vote for him, though.
- DezNatism - Right idea, bad execution. The Gospel should be spread with love and kindness, not with hatred and violence.
- Satanic Theocracy - "He cast upon them the fierceness of his wrath, indignation, and trouble, by sending Destroying Angels among them."
- Secular Satanism - He is just like him, but secular. This doesn't change the fact that he is my biggest enemy.
- Pagan Theocracy - Indians are the descendants of the Lamanites! Why have you misled them with fairy tales?
- Queer Anarchism - They want to defame us and act sinfully!
- LGBT - Sinner alert! Time to take you to therapy right away!
- Homoconservatism - You can't be a conservative, and a sinner. You are excommunicated from the church.
- Pink Capitalism - Time to pass a law to regulate you!
- Pornography - This filth must be banned as soon as possible.
- Social Liberalism - Your tolerance for sinful activities won't cut it. Be more conservative or else you will face excommunication!
At least you care about the needy.
- Progressivism - Cut it out with the tolerance of abortion, euthanasia, profanity, pre-marital sexuality, pornography, m*sturb*tion, tobacco, drinking, and drugs. They are all sins. You need to repent.
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Oh my goodness! How dare you threaten to kill us! That's it, you are excommunicated from the church!
- Democratism - The Democratic Party is too pro-abortion and anti-family for our vote. Order 44 never forget!
- State Atheism - He wants to take away our religious freedom.
- Social Democracy - Too Liberal. Too stinking Liberal.
At least you also care about the needy.
- Liberal Socialism - What? A socialist, and someone who supports sinful activities? This fazes me!
- Esoteric Fascism - We strongly disapprove of your hateful design.
- Illuminatism - A modern-day Gadianton robber! Secret combinations are ungodly and sinful.
- Indigenism - Why doesn't he want a free Book of Mormon? I thought he'd want to learn about his Lamanite ancestors.
- White Nationalism - Racism has no place in our church!
(Anymore, ignore the fact that we used to bar blacks from the priesthood and our prior support for slavery among some of us.)
- Many Latter Day Saints are AuthRights.