"To me I am a worshipper and the people are my god."
Hindutva is a culturally far-right, ultranationalist, highly authoritarian ideology, without any fixed economic system (although generally supports a militarized market economy with a heavy emphasis on industrialization and development). It believes that India is fundamentally a Hindu nation, an expansive state spanning all of 'Akhand Bharat' (Undivided India) designed solely to protect and advance the political, societal, cultural, religious and economic interests of the Hindu community over all others. It also claims that the Hindus need undergo unflinching militarization to secure the martial power and national pride of Hindus, hence is often found to be expressing Reactionary beliefs.
Foundations and Beliefs
It seeks to forcibly transform India into a Hindu Rashtra (Dharmic Nation). Hindutva often employs a distinctly militant form of Cultural Nationalism where it seeks to construct a culturally homogeneous state based upon ancient 'Vedic' civilization and the cherished symbols of identity of the Hindu community. Hindutva is quite inclusive of followers of other religions which originated in India (like Sikhism and Buddhism) as being a part of the greater Pan-Hindu Identity.
Notable Hindutva Movements/Political Parties
A portion of Hindutva believes in the Akhand Bharat Movement, which is an Irridentist sub-section that desires to create a centralized state that unites all territories that once upon a time belonged to the followers of Hindu civilization; into a unified nation-state capable of restoring the glory of ancient India.
The official philosophy of the BJP is "Integral humanism," a philosophy first formulated by Deendayal Upadhyaya in 1965, who described it as advocating an "indigenous economic model that puts the human being at center stage, apart from being committed to Hindutva. The BJP's Hindutva ideology has been reflected in many of its government policies. It supports the construction of the Ram Temple at the disputed site of the Babri Mosque. However, they are somewhat moderate compared to other Hindu nationalist groups and parties.
The education policy of the BJP-led government reorganised the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and tasked it with extensively revising the textbooks used in Indian schools. Various scholars have stated that this revision, especially in the case of history textbooks, was a covert attempt to "saffronise" Indian history. The NDA government introduced Vedic astrology as a subject in college curricula, despite opposition from several leading scientists.
Taking a position against what it calls the "pseudo-secularism" of the Congress party, the BJP instead supports "positive secularism" Vajpayee laid out the BJP's interpretation of Mahatma Gandhi's doctrine of Sarva Dharma Sama Bhava and contrasted it with what he called European secularism. He had said that Indian secularism attempted to see all religions with equal respect, while European secularism was independent of religion, thus making the former more "positive". The BJP supports a uniform civil code, which would apply a common set of personal laws to every citizen regardless of their personal religion, replacing the existing laws which vary by religious community. Historian Yogendra Malik claims this ignores the differential procedures required to protect the cultural identity of the
Musl*m Muslim minority.
r/Chodi was an ultranationalist Hindu subreddit banned in the year 2022, after the ban, several users migrated to telegram. r/Chodi promoted Islamophobic and Christophobic speech, in addition to hateful messages against LGBTs (transgenders included), sexist and misogynistic messages and other types of attacks on ethnic and religious minorities, use of misspelt sexual terms to circumvent the reddit software. Their religious extremism and reactionaryism made the urban dictionary classify them as close to Islamic extremist groups such as ISIS.
Yogi Adityanath is a Hindu monk and political leader who is the Chief Minister of Utter Pradesh. He has the image in India a nationalist and conservative, but his views tend to be even more right - wing. He is the founder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini a youth religious group. Yogi Adityanath praised Donald Trump's travel ban on 7 Muslim countries, and proposed that India should do the same. Yogi has said controversial things in past. He has once said that if men adopt feminine traits they become gods, but if women develop masculine traits they become demons. He also said that if Muslims take 1 Hindu girl, he and his supporters will take 100 Muslim girls. He then proceeded to say that if they kill one Hindu, he said "we will", and paused, and his supporters said kill.
A far - right Marathi party. They are essentially Ethnonationalists and Cultural Nationalists to the point of Fascism. They follow the ideology of Hindutva, as they maintain heavy Marathi - Hindu nationalist views. Many of them have Marathi regionalist values and want to give more power to the Indian state of Maharashtra.
The RSS, is a paramilitary organization that was founded by K. B. Hedgewar in 1925. Before WW2, the RSS admired the Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, and the Italian Fascist leader Benito Mussolini. They liked Hitler's ideas of racial purity, but during WW2, they changes their stance on European far - right leaders. RSS leaders were supportive of the Jewish State of Israel, and they admired the Jewish people for maintaining their religion, culture, and language. The RSS has clashed with Muslims in the past. During the Partition of Indian, the RSS helped Hindu refugees, but they were also responsible for communal - violence against Muslims. They have strong Hindu nationalist views and have ties to the BJP.
The Vishva Hindu Parishad is a far - right Hindu ultranationalist group that promotes Hindu militancy and has been called out for their violence against Muslims. They are against Muslims, Christians, and communists. They are also against the caste system and cow slaughter. The VHP has done communal work and has provided social services, but they also have participated in the 2002 Gujarat riots against Muslims.
Godse was the assassin of Gandhi. He disliked the fact that Gandhi was tolerant of Muslims, hence why he shot and killed the political leader. Godse was a member of the Hindutva political party, the Hindu Mahasabha and the paramilitary group known as the R.S.S.
The founder of Hindutva was Savarkar. He was a Hindu ultranationalist, and held conservative Hindu views. He originally had ideals of fighting off the British in India, but then adopted right - wing views toward Muslims and those who were not Hindu. He laid down the foundation for various Hindutva groups and Hindu nationalist organizations.
He is a very strict and conservative Hindu. He often fights and argues with Muslims, whether they are conservative or progressive. He usually thinks that people who eat beef should be killed, and can be very antagonistic at towards Muslims, Sikhs, and sometimes Christians. He hangs out with Hindu Theocracy, who thinks that he is too extreme.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it with orange.
- Draw a black cap on the ball.
- Draw an orange flag being held by the ball.
- Write the Sanskrit word "धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः" in white, and put a circle around it (optional).
- Put lines around this with a pattern of yellow and red.
- Draw the eyes.
|Orange||#FF7F27||255, 127, 39|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Red||#EC1C24||236, 28, 36|
|Yellow||#FFCA18||255, 202, 24|
- Can be holding a Saffron flag known as Bhagwa.
- When not talking about Savarkar and the Mahasabha, is often found complaining about "getting replaced by Musl*ms in India".
- Hindutva can be portrayed as a typical Redditor on r/Chodi (now banned).
- Likes greeting everyone with "Jai Shri Ram" (Glory to Lord Rama) or "Vande Mataram" (Praise to the Motherland).
- Hindu Theocracy - धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः (Those who protect the Dharma are protected by the Dharma). The Hindu Identity is the lifeblood of Bharatavarsha.
- National Capitalism - He taught Modi and Advani how to oversee an economy. Just be kinder to populist gestures and limited collectivism.
- Pagan Theocracy - Fellow polytheist. Just take the Bhagwapill already.
- Esoteric Fascism - Same as above but even closer. Take it!
What do you mean I should care about the "Aryan race" and slaughter Dravidians? What if they share the same doctrine and faith?
- Ultranationalism - BHARAT NUMBER WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
- Cultural Nationalism - LONG LIVE THE HINDU RASHTRA!
- Irredentism - We must reclaim and redeem our stolen lands! AKHAND BHARAT!!! PERISH, INVADERS!!
- Mediacracy - Thanks for allowing us to propagate our ideology!
- Trumpism - TRUMP FOREVER!!!
Too moderate and weak, but still useful.
- Fascism - Mahasabha Leader Moonje was very impressed by you in the 30s and we based the RSS off your youth organizations.
- Fascist Zionism and Kahanism - You're both the perfect model of how to resurrect a lost nation! You are also a vital bulwark against the hostile Musl*m invaders.
I won't apologize for Savarkar praising Hitler though.
- Patriarchy - Reject Feminism, embrace Patriarchy! The lost physical strength of the Hindu, which has been emasculated and robbed by centuries of foreign tyranny, must be reclaimed at any cost.
- Manosphere - You are popular with some youngsters these days, and you have the right views! What is your obsession with Greek words though?
- Volkism - My original Germanic counterpart and inspiration.
- Odalism - My original Norse counterpart.
- Welfare Chauvinism - Welfare for the Hindus and Hindus alone sounds quite good to me.
- Reactionary Liberalism - The only liberal that I can tolerate.
- Alt-Right - Fellow Musl*m hater from the West, my support on the internet is greater thanks to you.
- Alt-Lite - Moderate version of the one above. Don't be afraid to be a tad more right - wing, as you should be proud of your religion and culture!
- Showa Statism - You have the right beliefs and allowed my followers to set up a Sabha in your Empire.
- Eco-Fascism - End cow slaughter! Restore the Hindus to their rightful glory! Devi did nothing wrong!
- Reactionaryism - It was far better before the Congress, before the British, before the Mughals, before the Delhi Sultanate, when India was ruled by its mighty Hindu forefathers and there existed no heathens or invaders.
Ignore it was not a unified state with non-Hindu fiefdoms.
- Stratocracy - We must have a strong Hindu military!
- Reactionary Modernism - Modi's support for space exploration does not contradict Hindu values.
- Positive Secularism ( Modism) - India needs the Uniform Civil Code! End minority appeasement and forge a truly unified Bharat!
- Religious Nationalism, National Conservatism, and Authoritarian Conservatism - Most of my "moderate" variants are really just you guys.
- Illiberal Democracy - I am using you to sideline my weak opposition.
- Traditionalism - WE MUST UPHOLD TRADITIONAL HINDU VALUES!
मिला हुआ (Mixed)
- Buddhist Theocracy - My so-called "enlightened" pal, with whom I often debate. I will still support and defend you as my cultural brethren in the face of their aggression.
- Theocracies - All other religions than Hinduism are kinda not good.
- Caste System - Our founder hated you very much, and you are a liability to me: “… pull down the barriers that have survived their utility… of castes and customs… Let this ancient and noble stream of Hindu blood flow from vein to vein”
- Neoliberalism - You like money, eh! Well I like tariffs!
- Conservatism - Too moderate, but keep up the good work.
- Neoconservatism - BASED FOR FIGHTING OFF THEM! But stay away from India. We aren't thinking of doing terror attacks in your countries, so leave!
- Paleoconservatism - We almost match, however, you 99% follow Polytheism and why so against Israel? Remember they chase off Goat fans!
- White Nationalism - You got some good ideas, but remember, religion matters more than race!
- Nazism - Savarkar in 1949 did proclaim that "Nazism proved undeniably the savior of Germany". However, you put your twisted notion of German Aryanism over the Hindu nationality. And don't go after my Hindu Dravidian brethren, common faith over race.
- Christian Fascism - I don't want you and your missionaries anywhere near India! ... but you fight Isl*m. Don't get too close to us and we're fine. Oh, and I will still attack your followers if they get on my nerves.
Wait, why are you working with Islamic Fascists?!
- Crusadism - DEUS VULT! What does that mean again? It sounds cool! Thanks for fighting them, but do stay away from India!
- Reactionary Socialism - Crusadist, Commie, Christian theocrat, who loves a weird form of the caste system. You confuse me
and everyone else.
- Juche - Modi condemned your nuclear tests, so I don't really like you! What is your obsession with nukes? But you are culturally far - right...
- Marxism-Leninism - You despise the Hindu civilization and you pay loyalty to foreign leaders and regimes, the ultimate betrayal. Also, it was somewhat based that a variant of you invaded Afghanistan, but failed.
Savarkar did meet Lenin once and Marx's grandson defended him in court. Also, we both worked together to destroy the accursed Nizam and forged a pact against Congress. But I still hate you.
- Putinism - I am buying your weapons in addition to oil and gas. Why do you still support the Sh*a Axis, Ir*n, and arm Musl*ms that threaten my beloved Israel?
- Ba'athism - You are mediocre and Modi provided aid when Syria had an earthquake. You are like Middle Eastern Dengism ngl.
- Khomeinism - Resemble Juche to an extent. They are Musl*m, yes, but at least they oppose them and him.
- Isl*mic Feminism - Oxymoron. You claim you are against wearing burkas, yet you protest against the hijab ban at colleges. Hypocrisy at its finest!
At least some of you supported the Triple Talaq Bill
- Neo-Ottomanism - You're a M*slim but otherwise you quite resemble me. We both like religious revivalism, restore our nations' traditions, and oppose the sickularists and separatists. Besides, we keep trading both with the West and Russia while steering clear of their influence.
- LGBTQ+ - My scriptures say nothing against you, but many of my supporters detest you, so stay away!
- Maoism - Farming communes? Peasant revolutions? A disdain for reactionaries? This is nonsense that is destined to fail! NGL YOU ARE SOOO ANNOYING FOR INSPIRING THEM!
- Marxism, Leninism, and Socialism - These are unrealistic ideologies and the current system should only be changed or modified to fit the Hindutva way!!!
- Sickularism - Hinduism shall dominate over India!
- State Atheism - YOU'RE EVEN WORSE THAN SICKULARISM!!!
- Isl*mic Theocracy - Worst religion, countries, wars, ideologies, people and everything ever! Stop replacing us and we will reclaim Pakistan
- J*hadism - Why does Isl*m have a second page? Terrorist religion!
- Isl*mic Fascism - The wrong kind of fascism.
- Nehru Socialism - The original quasi-communist sickular who let India divide itself!
- Indian National Congress - Shut up degenerate Sickular ! You let India be ripped apart by the Partition and destroyed the Mahasabha after Gandhi's death!
- Gandhian Socialism - What do you mean a purified Hindu Rashtra will destroy India? Live together in harmony? What pathetic "mealy-mouthed" nonsense are you peddling?!
Thank you Godse for killing him, Savarkar hailed your mission!
- Liberal Socialism - YOU HARAAMEE! Blast the Trinamool Congress! This actually combines the worst parts of socialism and liberalism.
- Trudeau Liberalism - Why are you angry at me? What I do with the S*kh heathens is my business, you Anglo-imperial freak.
- Progressivism - Aren't you just Congress again, but even more annoying?
- Revolutionary Progressivism - NOOOOO...NOOOO....PLEASE NOOOOOO! WHY DO YOU EVEN EXIST?!? YOU... YOU! YOU NAUGHTY CHILD!!!!
- Feminism - Enough of these rebellious ideas! Obey the national culture for goodness' sake.
I miss the child marriage days.
- Naxalism - Another atheistic murderer of Hindus. F**k off Naxal. Your foolish ideas will never succeed!!!
- Isl*mic Socialism - Literally J*hadi-Naxal Union. THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE SEEN YET! Die, abomination!
- Tamil Tiger Thought - Stop causing trouble, you terrorist! LIKE AS MUCH AS I HATE CONGRESS, WTF DID U KILL Rajiv? He was actually just meh!
- Sikh Theocracy - Khalistan must stay as part of India! It never existed and you will never achieve your goal!
- Jagmeet Singh Thought - FREAKING CANADIAN, COMMIE, SEPARATIST!
- No Farmers, No Food - STOP COMPLAINING! Keep working, it isn't that hard!
- Isl*mic Anarchism - ALL YOUNG M*SLIMS ARE THIS!
- Isl*mic Populism and Isl*mic Democracy - This is weird, how can Isl*m promote stuff that the people want?! And Imran Khan was a joke.
- Chicago School - What the F**k did you say about British India, Friedman?
- British Empire, East India Company, High Tories - BRITISH IMPERIALS FEAR FOR YOUR LIVES! GET OUT OF INDIA YOU IMPERIALISTIC कमीनों! Ignore the fact that I want to reclaim many countries using imperialism.
“Aryan Theories” — Setting The Record Straight by Zoltanous and The Fascifist
- Hindu nationalism
- All-India Hindu Grand-Assembly
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh)
- Integral Humanism (India)
- Rastriya Prajatantra Party
"Theocracies compass" By Spade
- In India, Communalism is a term used to denote attempts to construct religious or ethnic identity, incite strife between people identified as different communities, and to stimulate communal and mutual violence between those groups.
- There is a common joke among Hindutva followers, especially r/Chodi Redditors to censor Islamic-related terms such as "Muslim", "Islam", "Jihad" and "Burqa"
- other than Savarkar, who actually was an atheist! w:Vinayak_Damodar_Savarkar 
- Vinayak Damodar Savarkar#Fascism
- "Hijab ban in Indian state violates religious freedom: US official" AlJazeera. 12 February 2022.