"One cubic centimetre cures ten gloomy sentiments."
Fordism is an off-compass totalitarian, culturally far-left, economically right, and globalist ideology as well as a religion from the book Brave New World. While not describing manufacturing Ford's industrial philosophy directly, it still technically applies to it since a central part of this Fordism is the manufacturing philosophy applied to Humans.
Fordism describes a society in which a state keeps control not by fear of violent punishment, but by supplying the people with an endless supply of drugs (in the book there is one: Soma), Entertainment (specifically "Feelies") and Sex (Specifically "Orgy Porgies"). All things that might require any sort of duty that goes against how the Fordists keep control (For example, The Family Unit, Religions other than Fordism, Nationalism, Traditional Notions of Decency, etc.) are eliminated by the global state social engineering by instilling a hatred to these things to children since an early age and raising them in facilities and born artificially. The ideology is intended to create a society that does not experience any kind of sorrow or hardship but seems to be mainly focused on increasing consumption (of clothes, sports equipment, etc.). The name "Fordism" comes from the religion that the society within the book espouses, which worships Henry Ford as a deity (additionally they worship Sigmund Freud, who they might or might not believe is the same person). Fordism also employs a caste system that includes five main castes (Alpha at the top, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon), where people born in a high caste such as Alphas or Betas are genetically enhanced to be taller, more attractive, and more intelligent, while people born in lower castes are genetically modified to be shorter, less attractive, and less intelligent, and work menial labor jobs. Despite this, however, the people born in the lower castes of Brave New World never have the desire to rebel against the system, as they are easily pacified by entertainment and are genetically made to be obedient.
Fordism is an absolute degenerate in the way he acts, he hates anybody that does not "join the fun" of taking soma and having sex all the time. Fordism looks down upon any society or ideology that he does not recognize as industrial or "fun".
How to Draw
Fordism's design is based on the BNW cover plus a "T" which is the symbol of the religion of Fordism.
- Draw a ball.
- Bisect the ball into two hemispheres of equal width.
- Draw eight equal horizontal stripes of dark blue (top) alternating with light blue (bottom) in the left half.
- Do the same with the second half but reverse the colors.
- Draw a white "T" in the middle of the ball.
And you're done!
|Light Blue||#9DE4FE||157, 228, 254|
|Dark Blue||#0089C3||0, 137, 195|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
Alphas and Betas
- Illuminatism - My praxis.
- Totalitarianism - An efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced because they love their servitude.
- Industrialism - Oh great Ford.
Can I suck your dick?
- Soma - Where would I be without you?
- Schwabism - The closest thing to me IRL. We both want everyone to be happy and unite humanity.
- His Fordeishness - The idea of the Monarch-CEO has been realized, Your Fordeishness!
- O'hare - We both are corporatocratic pseudo-utopias that simp to a factory guy.
- Caste System - Alphas have the right to rule, Epsilons only do simple work.
- World Federalism - Glory to the world state! Community, Identity, Stability!
Gammas, Deltas and Epsilons
- Neoliberalism - You might be culturally left and economically right but you're not even an extremist, so I don't know how you manage to have any fun.
- Pink Capitalism - You might be culturally far left, economically far right, and an extremist, but it won't last long without a totalitarian government to stabilize society.
- Ingsoc - Maybe instead of banning a book, you should socially condition people to believe that reading is evil. Also, why do you hate sex and sometimes say you hate capitalism?
At least he’s totalitarian as well.
- State Liberalism - Almost there! Instead of banning wrongthink, why not just flood them with so many distractions that they voluntarily stop opposing your aims?
- Progressivism - You might be culturally left, love orgy, banning wrongthink via "hate speech laws" but you're too moderate, so I can't see the appeal.
- National Capitalism - A dictatorial capitalist like me, but your nationalism and traditionalism are cringe.
- Caesarism - "Give them bread and circuses, and they will never revolt." Well, that's a good start, but Soma and orgies are better.
- Soulism - He enjoys soma, but also really hates capitalism, caste systems, and the state, not to mention lazy too.
- Manosphere - I don't know how to think about you. On the one hand, your "socio-sexual hierarchy" sounds a lot like my caste system, and both of us are obsessed with pills. Still, on the other hand, you're causing people on the bottom of the socio-sexual hierarchy to resent their caste, which could cause my glorious caste system to fall!
And "Sigma males" are just savages.
- Anarcho-Nihilism - Looks like someone forgot to take their Soma.
- Anarcho-Individualism - What do you mean the individual is free to choose his own life?
- Italian Left Communism - You can't consume much if you sit still and read books.
- National Anarchism - Segregating people into reactionary ethno-communes? Awful!
- Traditionalism - Traditions hold us back.
- Distributism - Why do you like families so much?
- Environmentalism - A love of nature keeps no factories busy.
- Christian Theocracy - God isn't compatible with machinery and scientific medicine and universal happiness. It would help if you made a choice. Our civilization has chosen machinery, medicine, and happiness.
- Fascism - That "supercapitalist" stuff you hate sounds a lot like me! But your capitalist type is tolerable.
- National Bolshevism - Same as above but worse
- Fully Automated Gay Space Communism - Your society is nothing more than a childish utopia. My system is more realistic than your "Classless ponies and rainbow farts".
- Marxism - Never been too fond of anyone named Marx, but this goes against everything I stand for.
- Kraterocracy - Boring. Fights and stalwartism is outdated. Just take some soma or go to the islands.
Literature (Why would you read them? There are things that are so much more fun!)
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Video SparkNotes: Aldous Huxley's Brave New World Summary by Video SparkNotes
- BBC film
- Brave New World - Dystopias and Apocalypses - Extra Sci Fi by Extra Credits
- Brave New World Aldous Huxley Audiobook
- 1984 Vs. Brave New World | Orwell Vs. Huxley | Polandball/Countryball Dystopian Literature by CallMeEzekiel