Zoroastrian Theocracy (ZoroTheo) is an authoritarian, culturally right-wing historical ideology that wishes to establish a religious government with Zoroastrianism as the state religion. Zoroastrianism is notable for being the first documented monotheistic religion and greatly influencing all major Abrahamic religions through concepts such as Free Will, Dichotomy of Good and Evil, and Heaven and Hell, among others. Zoroastrian Theocracy was most relevant in Iran through the Persian Empires that held Zoroastrianism as a state religion, but since the Islamic Conquest of Iran Zoroastrianism went into decline and very few Zorastrian states existed since then, with no relevant Theocratic Zoroastrian movement existing today.
Zarathustra existed somewhere between 1500 BC and 500 BC in Iran where he would serve as a prophet for the Zoroastrian faith, which would slowly begin to spread around Iran and supersede the local pagan beliefs, eventually being adopted by the Median Empire which would later be succeeded by the Achaemenid Empire. The Achaemenids would go on to conquer most of the known world and create the Zoroastrian Theocracy to the largest extent, after their fall, different states in east Anatolia, including the Kingdom of Armenia, all the way to Afghanistan and India would also have Zoroastrianism as their state religion. After the fall of the Hellenistic Seleucids Iran would continue being ruled by a series of Zoroastrian empires such as the Parthians and the Sasanians.
The decline of Zoroastrianism would start with the Muslim Conquest of Persia done by the Rashidun Caliphate between 632 and 654 which would also lead to the Islamization of Persia. After the fall of the Sassanid Empire to the Rashiduns zoroastrian theocracy would be limited to mostly smaller kingdoms around the region of central asia, all of them eventually also either converting to Islam or being conquered by a larger non-zoroastrian neighbor, from that point on zoroastrianism would continue to decline and in the present day it has only around 100,000 to 200,000 followers, with no movements in favor of a zoroastrian theocracy existing today.
Zoroastrian Theocracy wishes to install a government with a Zoroastrian leader (Typically a monarchical one), with Zoroastrianism as the official state religion and with Mobads as the official government clergy. historically this form of government manifested through the different Iranian empires in the classical eras that had a Zoroastrian King of Kings.
Zoroastrianism believes in a dualistic cosmology of Good and Evil, with the uncreated and benevolent deity of wisdom, Ahura Mazda, being exalted as the supreme being who is in eternal opposition to the destructive spirit that is Angra Mainyu. the forces of Angra Mainyu originate from Aka Manah and are opposed by the positive forces of Spenta Mainyu, and so the forces of Asha (truth and cosmic order) constantly battle Druj (Falsehood and Deceit), placing the duties on the humans, who are gifted with free will, to follow the Threefold Path of Asha -Humata, Huxta, Huvarshta (Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds)- in order to empower the positive forces of Spenta Mainyu for the ultimate battle between Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu.
A manner in which Zoroastrian Theocracies differ from other Theocracies is how historically it treated its religious minorities. Zoroastrianism does not demand the conversion of heathens and so, as a consequence, Zoroastrian rulers often have treated their religious minorities with tolerance akin to multiculturalism, allowing for the co-living of different religious groups within Zoroastrian states, most exemplified by the actions of Cyrus the Great. However, exceptions do exist when it comes to religious oppression in Zoroastrian states such as during the rule of Khosrow I.
Personality and Behavior
- He loves Queen and especially Freddie Mercury.
- Is a simp for Cyrus the Great and pre-islamic Persian history.
- Dislikes both Rome and Sparta.
- Slightly islamophobic.
- Very pious and philanthropic.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Draw a vertical tri-color in red, yellow and blue.
- Draw 2 blue 7-point stars on each side in the middle.
- Draw a white Faravahar in the middle.
- Draw a white hat (optional)
- Add the eyes, and you're done!
|169, 3, 3
|254, 210, 6
|0, 56, 151
|255, 255, 255
- Universal Monarchism - "I am Cyrus, King of the World, Great King, Mighty King, King of Babylon, King of Sumer and Akkad, King of the Four Quarters, the son of Cambyses, King of Anšan, grandson of Cyrus, descendant of Teispes, of an eternal line of kingship, whose rule Bêl and Nabu love, whose kingship they desire for their hearts' pleasure."
- Jewish Theocracy - Once, two beliefs can co-exist in one rule.
- Hindu Theocracy - My polytheist older brother!
- Monarchism - Monarchist theocracies have been one of the oldest forms of government, we should not have stopped.
- Multiculturalism - Since when did the concept of theocracy contradict people of different cultures and faiths living together with one another?
- Virtue Ethics - Do good things, don't do bad things.
- Imperialism - "I am Cyrus who won the Persians their empire." - But also, how dare the Rashiduns conquer Iran!
- Christian Theocracy - We may have fought many battles against one another, but you take a lot from me and I appreciate that.
- Byzantine Model - Our great and eternal rival, but I have grown to respect you.
- Shia Theocracy - Some of your traditions are similar to mine, but you're still related to him.
- Pahlavism - The Celebration of the 2,500th Anniversary of the Founding of the Persian Empire was pretty based, ngl. But why did you teach children in school that the Zoroastrian clergy caused military defeats against the Arab invaders? And your modern supporters are anti-clerical and secularists, you seem to be only using my symbology to legitimize your autocratic rule.
- Satanic Theocracy - Angra Mainyu!
- Spartanism - This is blasphemy, this is madness!
But I supported you in the Peloponnesian War
- Athenian Democracy - SCREW YOU TOO!
- Islamic Theocracy - YOU HERETICS STOLE EVERYTHING FROM US!
- Khomeinism - Even if you made Iran once again sovereign and strong, you have worked hard to keep me down and today, you are the greatest enemy of the people of Iran.
- Jihadism - Zoroastrianism may have spread through conquest, but it was through imperial conquest and not this sadistic and dogmatic religious violence you represent, you're at the present day my greatest enemy.
- Nietzscheanism - Your attempt to go Beyond Good and Evil is misguided, we must follow the Threefold Path of Asha to destroy evil, and not romanticize pain!
- What Is Zoroastrianism? by Cogito
Portraits and Artwork
"Theocracies compass" By Spade