Not to be confused with Manosphere.
“I’m not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of superman. I’m living on.”
Men's Liberation is a movement focused on the restraints that modern society puts on men, particularly their ability to openly express their feelings and emotions, and to undertake traditionally not "manly" tasks. They are generally supportive of feminist movements but they may not get along all of the time. Can either identify as "anti-sexist" or feminist depending on the context.
The men's liberation movement as a social movement was created in response to cultural changes that took place during the 1960s and 1970s, especially in the UK and North American countries. Some of these cultural changes included the growth of the feminist movement, counterculture, women's and gay liberation movements, and the sexual revolution. Negative effects of male sex roles stereotypes were discussed in Jack Sawyer's 1970 Liberation journal article "On Male Liberation". Men's discussion groups, including the National Task Force on the Masculine Mystique formed by then feminist Warren Farrell, started to form across the USA in 1971.
MensLib advocates share the same conceptual bases as Feminist theory, from which it essentially originates, seeing patriarchy as a key social structure in understanding the attribution of gender roles and relationships between genders in society, namely the mechanisms and structures perpetuating gendered oppression and men's domination over women. They use similar theoretical corpus and methods applied to the question of men's issues, such as rapes and sexual assaults performed on males (mostly by other males), deconstruction of traditional masculinity and criticism of beauty and behavioral standards it forces onto men.
They generally speaking identify as Feminists or Pro-Feminists, most of the time supporting the movement as such. Some Feminists however look at this with a wary eye, as they may see the emphasize on specific men's issues borne out of patriarchal structures, while consensually agreed upon in the movement, as much more secondary compared to the extent of women's oppression, and as deviating the focus of the movement.
MensLib advocates understand how men's issues often intersect with race, sexual orientation and identity, disability, socioeconomic status and other axes of identity.
Unlike Manosphere, he is portrayed as being actually a genuinely kind person to people and tries to treat everybody equally. Still, some feminists don't trust him completely and other men (especially Manosphere) call him a cuck or soyboy. He wants to be friends with Feminism but she is a bit skeptical of him due to his advocacy for men's rights, even if he ends up siding with her on most issues.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball with ears
- Color it blue
- Add some spots
- Add eyes
|57, 96, 160
|94, 156, 82
- Longism - Ah yes, ALL MEN ARE KINGS!
- Gay Men & Trans Men - KINGS!!
- Eco-Feminism - Fighting for both women's rights and environmental causes? Based!
- Progressivism - I agree with you that gender stereotypes harm both women and men and that we should work towards gender equality. Even if we may not exactly agree on the nature of the patriarchy, I still see you as an ally.
- Civil Libertarianism - Expansive civil liberties? Gender equality? LGBT rights? Yeah, this is it, based!
- Manosphere - You could've been an ally, and we once worked together in the past, but you're just incredibly misguided. If you want people to care more about our issues, you need to drop the fervent misogyny, as well as the other discriminatory views a lot of your factions hold. If you want men's empowerment, you need to respect feminism as a legitimately positive movement and not the devilish misandrist cult you portray it to be. Because the feminists, for all of their flaws, are our sisters in the struggle to build a better future for all.
- - Do you honestly think that feminists will accept you? If you don't believe me, just look at those femoid echo chambers like Ovarit or Mumsnet and be surprised at how they hate you at all costs.
- Conservatism - While you may not be as big of a bigot as he is, your traditional values are kinda outdated.
- Anarcho-Communism - Fighting for justice and equality is based, but you really need to tone down your violent tactics and this whole "All Cops Are Bastards" talk.
- Anarcha-Feminism - Smashing the patriarchy is based, but masculinity as a whole isn't necessarily bad. At least we both hate toxic masculinity and unlike them, you don't embrace misandry. Also, are you sure that anarchism is a good idea?
- Liberal Feminism - Yes, both women and men should be free! But NGL, "The future is female" doesn't sound like a good slogan for fighting against sex and gender inequality.
- Conservative Feminism - Alright then. If you want to remain a tradwife, suit yourself, but why won't you recognize transgender men as men and transgender women as women? But at least you're not some men-hating misandrist like them.
- Libertarian Feminism - While I support sex workers of all types and genders, Feminism should be about pointing out the systemic injustices of society and correcting them on a systemic & societal level, including in sex work! How do you expect to do that within a pure individualist framework of Libertarianism? I don't hate you and I definitely don't hate your job, but I just think you're missing the point.
- Socialist Feminism - I'm all for supporting the rights of workers, including female workers, but the fact that some of you are simping for authoritarians, especially them, is pretty cringe and not giving you or the socialist cause a good name.
- Socialism - The same goes for you.
- Conservative Socialism - And you.
- Left-Wing Nationalism - And you.
- Postgenderism - I honestly don't dislike you that much and don't mind the transhumanist influence, but you should really try to put yourself in a transgender person's or anyone else that lacks the gendered affirmation they want shoes before saying that we should abolish gender or gender roles. Have you ever thought that some people actually like being seen as their gender?
- Homofascism - You like femboys and twinks because they're "cute little gay bois", I like femboys because they are non-conforming to gender roles. Also, you're just a nutcase, especially towards women.
- Homoconservatism - A varyingly less bigoted version of the guy above. Some of you honestly aren't that bad, but your "Drop the T" variant is just transphobic bs.
- The Military - Male-only conscription is unfair, and is based on male dispersibility as well as fragile masculinity! Why should men and ONLY men be seen as their duty to die in wars for the nation? While fighting for what you believe in can be very much justified if not commendable, obsessing over it as what men should unquestionably identify themselves with is a toxic mentality that only hurts men.
- Alt-Right - So, you think men being used as cannon fodder is empowering? Oh, and you're just insane by the way. I will pass...
- Alt-Lite - No, toxic masculinity isn't a man-hating phrase. Now stop trying to hijack my movement, you closet bigot!
- Radical Feminism & National Feminism - sigh I am done with negotiating; I am not gonna bother with narrow-minded ultra-bigots like you guys anymore.
Tbh you deserve what they did to you lol.And your comments, postings, and "guidelines" on FDS are literally cringe femcel dogshit.
- Matriarchy - Empowering females for the sake of empowering is bad. Also, pre-designed rules for both genders ain't sound right.
- Nilssonian Anarcho-Fascism - Bigot, misogynistic, violent, racist, xenophobic, reactionary, etc... seriously this guy is crazy AF. The manosphere ain't sending its best.
- Donnovanian Anarcho-Fascism - His Libleft and esoteric brother, he's even more violent and savage. Also, why don't you accept that you are homosexual?
- Nazism - To Hell with you, Hitler! Millions of people, six million of which were Jews, and many innumerable LGBT people that were in the camps, died due to all the suffering you and your cronies have caused all in the name of some pseudoscientific, unproven "Aryan Masculine Supremecy" nonsense. Oh, and also, We took your pink triangle which you used to hate us into a symbol of positivity <3
- Marxism-Leninism - Yes. You took down this Jew-hating genocidal maniac during WW2, which is based, but that doesn't take away the fact that you caused decades of suffering during the Cold War, especially in Eastern Europe. Not only that, but during the Holodomor, millions of people in Ukraine starved to death because of him. Oh yeah, and you persecuted effeminate/gay men under your regime!
- Dengism - Hey! How a man wants to dress is his own business! Stop permaban me you totalitarian fuck!
- Patriarchy - While in many ways you might be weaker than ever thanks to Progressivism, your supporters are still powerful, your victims are still numerous, and your gender roles still SUCK!
- Paleoconservatism - You're the BIGGEST BIGOT I've ever encountered. Not only do you hate my friend just because she wants rights over herself, you want men to be restricted to their "traditional" roles of the patriarchy. You actively want to punish us if we are even a little bit feminine/non-masculine. You also hate the LGBT as well, which is surprising since many of you, especially people like HIM, secretly are gay themselves. Go die in a ditch.
- Darwinists - AAAAAAAAAH! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN ETERNAL WAR! GET OUT, YOU FLITHY REACTIONARIES!
- Experto en Igualdad (Spanish only)
- Macabre Storytelling (sometimes)
- Of Boys and Men - Why the modern male is struggling, Why it matters and What to do about it by Richard V. Reeves
- Self Made Man by Norah Vincent