"Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look and behave differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."
Patriotism, or National Pride, is an idea of respect, attachment, and veneration for one's own country. It is less extreme and distinct from Nationalism, largely in the way that Patriotism doesn't necessarily call for any actions to be taken to ensure sovereignty or dominance unless we talk about extreme anti-nationalist and/or anti-sovereign policies like one world government, elimination of his nation, open borders etc..., is just based on loyalty and love for the land.
Social Patriotism is a version of patriotism that combines patriotism with socialism. It was first identified at the first outset of the first world war when a majority of social democrats opted to support the war efforts of their respective governments and abandoned socialist internationalism and worker solidarity.
Right-wing patriotism, alternatively known as right-wing nationalism, is a right-wing political ideology based on the foundations of patriotism and neo-nationalism. The concept is also heavily intertwined with right-wing populism. Usage of the term varies from country to country.
Eco-patriotism is a version of patriotism that is the fusion of environmentalism and patriotism.
The historical source of patriotism is the formation of the relationship to religion in the traditions of their ancestors, the land of their birth, native language, folk traditions and culture.
Philosophers and political scientists define patriotism as a social and moral principle that determines people's attitudes to countries and reveals them in a certain way of action and a complex set of public feelings, which is generally called love for their homeland. This is one of the deepest feelings, which has been enshrined in the centuries of development of separate ethnic groups. This is a socio-political phenomenon, which is characterized by natural branches, its own internal structure, which in the process of social development is filled with different social, national and class content.
Personality and Behaviour
Patriotism has a deep love and admiration for its country and always cheers for its nation's team at any and all sports competitions, paintball tournaments, cultural world fairs, etc. He doesn't really hate other countries, instead just boos when their anthem is played - that's all.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball,
- Colour it in orange,
- In black, draw a silhouette of a minimalist figure saluting with its right arm,
- Draw the eyes and you're done!
|Orange||#FF9800||255, 152, 0|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Nationalism - Ah yes, great to be Stanistani. Though some of my supporters are critical of you.
- Cultural Nationalism - Our culture is great!
- Moderatism - You don't have to be radical to like our glorious Stanistan!
- Apoliticism - You don't need to be political either.
- Civic Nationalism - Me, but as a libtard that's a bit more restrictive on immigration. It's great for people to join our glorious Stanistan!
- Social Patriotism - Who said that patriotism is always right-wing?
- Patriotic Progressivism - Who said patriotism couldn't be progressive?
- Patriotic Conservatism - Who said that patriotism cannot conserve traditional values?
- Irredentism - We both like our glorious Stanistan, but I don't really want to hang out with you.
- Imperialism - Yay, our great Stanistan is getting more clay!
Why is Neighborstan taking our clay though?
- Ethnonationalism - You love Stanistan too, but can you not discriminate against minorities? They're a part of Stanistan too, no matter what.
- Protectionism - While I agree that our economy should be protected from the foreign influence, it cannot be prosperous without foreign investments.
- Internationalism - Tolerable for a globie, I guess....
- Pan-Nationalism - That's cool and all, but it smells like globalism...
- European Federalism - Same as the guy above but applied to Europe. I do kinda like your supporters' spirit though.
- Separatism - Want to establish your own nation? Good. Want to leave your own nation? Bad.
- National Populism - Please speak less you're very noisy.
- Neighborstan - BOOOOOOOO! YOU STINK! WE CRUSHED YOU IN THE WORLD CUP!
- Neighborstan - Oh yeah? Well we beat you in the previous world tournament!
- Globalism - Anything but this!
- World Federalism - NO! WE WILL NEVER UNITE WITH THE STINKY NEIGHBORSTAN!
- Nazism - THIS ISN'T EVEN PATRIOTISM! THIS IS MADNESS!
- Jingoism - As much as I hate Neighborstan, I wouldn't go on a genocide spree against Neighborstanis. That's kinda cringe man.
- Ultranationalism - You're kinda creeping me out.
- Posadism - Even though I don't like Neighborstan, why would I want to nuke it into ashes? Are you projecting your maniacal thoughts?
- State Liberalism - How am I a bigot just for liking my country and its cultures?