"Like racism and sexism, statism is the kind of moral vice that tends to enter the soul through self-deception, semi-conscious osmosis, and a kind of Arendtian banality, rather than through a forthright embrace; it is a form of spiritual blindness that can, and does, infect even those who are largely sincere and well-meaning."
Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism (Heartbert) also known as Neoclassical Liberalism (Neoclasslib) is a Culturally Left, Economically Center-Right to Right (usually under Chicago school of economics, mostly because it's more politically correct), Libertarian Ideology who is the child of Libertarianism and Progressivism. Heartbert believes that negative rights and free markets are compatible, and are also complementary to the concept of social justice. Bleeding-heart libertarianism support open borders policy.
Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism believes that the best way to empower the socially disadvantaged is through the upholding of civil liberties. Economically, it ranges from a social market economy to a free market economy. It sees economic liberalism and cultural liberalism as going hand-in-hand with each other to achieve these ideological adjectives.
The term "Bleeding Heart Libertarian" was first coined by Roderick T. long at 1996. They characterize themselves as "libertarians who reject an alliance with paleoconservatism." In March 2011, a group of academic philosophers, political theorists and economists created the Bleeding Heart Libertarians blog. Regular contributors to the blog included Fernando Tesón, Gary Chartier, Jason Brennan, Matt Zwolinski, Roderick T. Long, and Steven Horwitz. This blog finally announced in 2020 that it would no longer be updated.
Laisvės partija (Freedom Party) is a Lithuanian party that emerged in 2019, in which the president is the current Minister of Economy and Innovation Aušrinė Armonaitė and the party's deputy is the current Mayor of Vilnius and has 11 members of the Seimas.
Its ideals are based on LGBT rights, environmental preservation, carbon neutrality and control of global warming by 2040, fiscalism as opposed to tax increases, women's rights, pro-democracy, military service with civil service, pro-marijuana legalization, separate recognition of Taiwan and calls itself social liberal.
Personality and Behaviour
Heartbert within the comics is usually portrayed as a bit of an "SJW" stereotype within the context of other libertarians, meaning he will insist others not to use "politically incorrect language" and use the "correct pronouns".
How to Draw
Heartbert's design is that of Libertarianism with the snake replaced with a "Bleeding Heart".
- Draw a ball
- Fill it gold
- Draw a black Heart
- From the heart draw black "blood" coming out
- (Optional) Draw some variation of "Don't Tread on Me" or "No Step on Heart"
And you're done!
|Yellow||#F5DD02||245, 221, 2|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Progressivism - My based parent.
- Libertarianism - My other parent who also understands that freedom and equality need each other to work!
- Pink Capitalism - Yay! You understand me!
- Classical Liberalism - Love you grandpa!
- Liberaltarianism - I wish you were more libertarian, though I do really like your cultural and civic stances!
- Social Libertarianism - Lib Unity!
- Green Libertarianism - We can both protect the environment and fight the state!
- Geolibertarianism - Wants to cut taxes and preserve equality!
- Left-Rothbardianism - My more extreme friend. We both love Roderick Long.
- Libertarian Transhumanism - Technological progress in the hands of the free market! Sounds Great!
- Libertarian Feminism - You truly make my heart bleed.
- Left-Wing Market Anarchism - He doesn't like to call himself a "capitalist" but he's still really cool.
- Civil Libertarianism - He also wants gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.
- Libertarian Market Socialism - I don't care about this whole co-op schtick, but I love how you too support libertarianism, progressivism, and markets.
- Helvetic Model - Literally heaven.
- Libertarian Conservatism - I may not like your cultural policies, but we still stand for liberty!
- Populism - I like that you care about the people, but I don’t think your strategies are the best.
- Neoliberalism - I'd like to think you're just a more moderate version of me, but that hawkish diplomacy of yours makes me think otherwise...
- Libertarian Socialism - STINKY SOCIALIST!!! But at least you're a libertarian and socially progressive.
- State Liberalism - I applaud your advocacy for the LGBTQ community. You are also a capitalist which is cool too. But you take things WAY too far. You also need cut the authoritarian shit.
- Anarcho-Nihilism - You don't give a fuck about liberty, equality and justice, but we both like guns and drugs.
- National Libertarianism - How is this even libertarian?!
- Paleolibertarianism - My strategy is way better!
- Hoppeanism - Absolutely disgusting!
- Conservative Socialism - More like evil-ism!
- National Bolshevism - I hate your guts! I would bash your skull in if I wasn’t such a lover of peace!
- Reactionary Socialism - Same as above, but even worse!
- Juche - You’re a totalitarian AND a socialist! You are also Anti-LGBTQ and that is NOT COOL!
- Corporatocracy - Stop pandering to me you fake crony capitalist!
- Welfare Chauvinism - You took the argument "you can't have open borders and a welfare state" the completely wrong way!
- Fourth Theory - My bleeding-heart will never bleed for you. You are pure evil!
- Korwinism - For Pete's sake, PLEASE STOP CALLING ME A PEDOLIBERTARIAN! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WANTS TO LEGALIZE CHILD PORNOGRAPHY!
Original infobox image